Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 07:00 AM   #2101
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky285 View Post
I'm still holding out hope they'll make a truly epic Kirby game that I've been dreaming about since Kirby's Dream Land 3 came out for the SNES. A true sequel to Kirby Super Star that takes over 20 hours to finish would be awesome IMO.
You're preachin' to the choir, man.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #2102
SSCUJO
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to SSCUJO

Does any one have medal of Honor heros: 2 yet? i was wondering how that game played and if the online was worth while.
SSCUJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:34 PM   #2103
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

System seller? For myself?

I've spent many a token at an arcade playing this...
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #2104
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Ya, Light gun games was usually where I spent most of my money at arcades. Time crisis and the House of the Dead. So happy House of the Dead 2 and 3 are coming to the Wii as well.

The Console is perfect for these games.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #2105
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
Ya, Light gun games was usually where I spent most of my money at arcades. Time crisis and the House of the Dead. So happy House of the Dead 2 and 3 are coming to the Wii as well.

The Console is perfect for these games.
and point and click games...hope we see a sequel of zack and wiki (well considering the game was created by capcom is almost a given that they will make a sequel)
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #2106
SethSquall
FFR Player

I want Monkey Island on the VC =[
Old 11-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #2107
SSCUJO
FFR Player

i just picked up ghost squad. Lots of fun!!! the game is not even close to being as long as RE:UC but it defently has the fun factor! and a whole lot of replayability. i bought a second wii zapper with it and dual wielding has to be the best part for me personally.

Great game especially for the price. If your not going to get UC get this for sure!! and if you have UC you can wait but if you have the $30 spend it!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #2108
SethSquall
FFR Player

Umbrella Chronicles has been delayed a couple of days for the release of the Wii Zapper =[

I think to go along with the release of Links Crossbow Training. Meeeeh.

Last edited by SethSquall; 11-30-2007 at 06:10 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 10:51 PM   #2109
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Majora's Mask broke the mold and people hated it.
are you kidding majora's mask was the best out of all of them

Quote:
Bring back the old DKC style game but don't make it suck like DK64.
are you kidding dk64 was the epitome of my childhood

In other news, I GOT MY WII YESSSSS. Super Mario Galaxy is incredibly fun, but I'm actually not very fond of the planet system - most of them feel puny and fragmented. Luckily, there's a lot of planets that are so large that it eliminates this bad feel, so I'm not completely saddened by it.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #2110
Aras
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Aras
Wink Re: The Wii is Here.

Quote:
The Zelda series is getting stale IMO. Twilight Princess was good, but it was just OoT Redux. Phantom Hourglass is cool because of the control scheme, but little else is exciting about it.

One thing that does bug me is it's the fans' fault. Zelda II broke the mold and people hated it (a lot of people liked it, too, but still). Majora's Mask broke the mold and people hated it. People loved the original, LTTP and OoT, so they just copy/paste them into every game after. And they get away with it, which is the sad part.

I think Nintendo needs to put Zelda on hiatus and come up with some new IPs. Or at least use some of their pre-exisiting IPs to some greater extent.

Take Donkey Kong...he's turned into a joke. **** the bongos, **** the barrel racing, and **** that Jungle Climber ****. Bring back the old DKC style game but don't make it suck like DK64.

And Kirby. God, the last few Kirby games have been fun, but they're too easy and too short. I beat Kirby 64 the day I got it, Amazing Mirror in 2 days, and Squeak Squad in FIVE HOURS. I'm still holding out hope they'll make a truly epic Kirby game that I've been dreaming about since Kirby's Dream Land 3 came out for the SNES. A true sequel to Kirby Super Star that takes over 20 hours to finish would be awesome IMO.
I don't think so, take Zelda II, its obvious that Zelda attracted people because of its game play and if you change the formula drastically people wont like it

its like you said with DK, you want a DK like before but what happens if they add a bongo, a barrel or else?? you dislike it ... well you just solved your own problem with zelda

the problem for me with zelda is that they are releasing too much zeldas that they can't focus in just one game to make it large and with quality

Twilight princess was really really great, it feels like Ocarina of Time but they add it more stuff and places, a better balanced story and stuff like that....

Phantom Hourglass is a great idea.... and fun but the problem is that its short u__u

What Nintendo needs is to focus just in one zelda at a time u__u quality not quantity
Old 11-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #2111
zidart
FFR Player

are you sure is short??? because it takes a while to get everything (well i like to find everything on a zelda game). but anyway i understand why the game is soo short, i hate to admit it but the DS doesn't have a lot of memory to hold a giant 3D zelda game (though phantom hourglass' on-line is fun to play XD)

anyway i wonder when the next zelda game will be released (it is impossible for 2008 that's for sure) i hope is for wii and that it has a little more motions (of course balanced ones kinda like mario galaxy and metroid)
Old 11-28-2007, 04:42 PM   #2112
Aras
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Aras

Well, I was talking about the straight line of the game, cause you refer to sidequests u__u
Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #2113
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Zelda I: Not much of a storyline but fun to play due to the puzzles, dungeons, and
boat loads of secrets you could find.

Zelda II: What made fun about Zelda was because you could fight multiple things
at once. It broke away from the kill the monster then move on and kill the next style you got from games like Mario. You can be fighting one monster and you would have
2 wizzrobes shooting spells at you from different direction. You dont have that with the side scrollers of that time.

Zelda III (ALTP): Not only did it go back to the old style of fun, faster paced, gameplay... it added more of a storyline besides 'TAKE THIS SWORD; KILL **** AND SAVE THE PRINCESS.' Besides that, you had more than the dragon, the spider, and the Rhyno. Not only that; the bosses were more of a rariety... in other words MORE BOSS LIKE. In Legend of Zelda you would run into Dodongo like 2 times in the later level as well as other bosses. In ALTTP, each boss is not only unique; some of them actually fit
into a story.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

This game offered something new as well. 3D play and more character involvement than before. Besides the graphics becoming more three-dimensional, the game became three-dimensional as well. It kept the same feel but made the game more realisitic. Like you said, past Zelda games were "Go to this dungeon then that dungeon, kill the boss and take the items.". This game kept that, but fit it into the storyline; giving it more of a real feel to it.

Majoras Mask: It wasnt as much because it broke the mold but the damn game was quite confusing. I played the beggining of the game and thought it was the damn end on how things were.

Thats as far as I can comment. Other games like the ones for gameboy were pretty solid; I played them quite a ways through. I still have to play Twilight Princess and others though.
Sir_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #2114
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras View Post
Well, I was talking about the straight line of the game, cause you refer to sidequests u__u
well i always count the sidequest as the lenght of a game XD....

the last part of the game was awesome (and the middle part , like every other zelda game the twist is in the middle), without spoiling anything i would say that the only complaint i had of the story is that the evil guy didn'y have a personality but overall the ending was really awesome
Old 11-30-2007, 06:15 AM   #2115
SethSquall
FFR Player

Quote:
Umbrella Chronicles has been delayed a couple of days for the release of the Wii Zapper =[

I think to go along with the release of Links Crossbow Training. Meeeeh.
No it didn't spanner.

Jeeez.

So I picked up the game today. Awesome.

Just awesome.

It's like, House of the Dead but with more weapons, a better and longer story, slight RPG elements (leveling up weapons), awesome graphics, hundreds of unlockables and hours and hours or replay value.

Now I love light gun games, I love resident evil, I love of RPGs. This game. Is like, throwing those three element of my favour at light speed into each other. Combining. To make Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

It's quite hard mind. You have to be A LOT more accurate than I thought.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #2116
SSCUJO
FFR Player

yea that is one thing i found can be frustrating... you really need to place your shots some times.. even on easy mode.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #2117
SethSquall
FFR Player

One question though? Where the hell is Leon and Claire? They're not in the game at all. Neither is a Resident Evil 2 chapter.

I don't get why at all.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #2118
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
One question though? Where the hell is Leon and Claire? They're not in the game at all. Neither is a Resident Evil 2 chapter.

I don't get why at all.
maybe because resident evil 2 was not a huge impact on umbrella's company i mean it was just another outbreak of the virus
Old 11-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #2119
SethSquall
FFR Player

Yea makes sense, still, it would of been nice.

It's pretty much all about Umbrella I guess. It's not like there wasn't any new info on Umbrella in Resi 2 though. Same with Code: Veronica.

Ah well.

Last edited by SethSquall; 11-30-2007 at 02:34 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #2120
SSCUJO
FFR Player

yea 2 and 4 are left out of the game.. kinda sucks but oh well