Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-4-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
tunsz555
FFR Player

Default Asking experienced FFR people.

-I want to know all Vocaloid songs simfile existing that are approved as good file (or made by known simfile artist)
-Are Kil,Vospi,Zaghurim some sort of FFR's in-house song artist? Are there others?
-What the hell is ____'s OP? (It's fun though) can you list me existing OP file?
-I'm quite confuse how to place more than 1 arrow at same time, example, if you put hands you mean this is not the same sound as single & jumps but more epic or you mean there is 3 sound at the same time composing of previously used single arrow and jump?

thanks thanks
tunsz555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu
Default Re: Asking experienced FFR people.

-Only ones I can think of are Linus's Infinity, possibly Linus's 0, either Linus's Vanishment of Hatsune Miku or Kommisar's and finally Xiaounlimited's Brimming White for solo. Oh, you could also look at akstylish's Vocaloid Party Pack over at stepmania.com, but I can only half-vouch for that.
-FFR doesn't really have inhouse artists, only artists who have given us permission to freely use their music (and a few that have given us conditional permission). They have all contributed songs, yes
-___'s OP is one of two things: an original song (or joke remix) made for another user of the site and dedicated towards him, or in the midare packs particularly there are various ___'s OP files that are actually some pop song but given a different title as a joke.
-Generally the system works like this: When stepping a song, you are following 1 to 3 instrumental layers of the song at once, typically the most prominent ones at that point in time. When two instruments that you are following play at the same time, you put down a jump. When three instruments you are following play at the same time, you put down a chord. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule (What if fully layering the song is too cramped and you decide to only layer in parts of an instrumental layer that are the most expressed, for example? What if layering two instrumental layers creates a a fairly flat pattern that doesn't express either instrument well, and you decide to just 'keysound' the more sparsely playing prominent instrument by deciding that every time it plays you put down a jump?) but this is generally how it's done. Stepping is an artform but it has a well-defined goal: making the stepchart as evocative of the underlying music as you can; making it express the underlying music, make you feel like you're playing along with it.
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

Last edited by Patashu; 08-4-2009 at 06:19 AM..
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2009, 02:04 AM   #3
tunsz555
FFR Player

wow thanks, in fact,About layering I really want a case study about what Cetaka is doing in his Never Say file (ODI2) with that many jumps. (For keysound I think I understand it, your Session file is pure keysounded right?)
Old 08-6-2009, 06:18 AM   #4
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

infinity was linus and me not just linus ;_;

the vocaloid charts that i know of that are from good/decent simfile artists

vanishment of hatsune miku - linus/kommisar

infinity - linus+kommisar

brimming white - xiaounlimited

meltdown - gundam-dude/cherubi

0 - linus/malice

stray girl in her lenses - kommisar

kokoro - gundam-dude

around the world - kommisar+cherubi

last night, good night - kommisar

theres probably an assload from xiao/gundam that im missing though haha

Last edited by kommisar[os]; 08-6-2009 at 06:31 AM..
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

never say is filled with all sorts of complicated percussive instruments. I'm pretty sure cetaka would have layered it straightforwardly, i.e. paying attention to what percussive noises stood out the most, placing one arrow for one instrument and two for two. I can't vouch that it will be COMPLETELY accurate or consistent however

if you'd like I can upload my chart for never say as well. I made it before I knew cetaka's chart existed but it has a similar style so you could place the two charts on the one .sm and compare/contrast using F5 and F6 in the editor to swap between charts to see where our stepping styles overlap and differ

EDIT: Yes, Session in ODI2 is keysounded rather than layered

EDIT 2: Here is the .sm for my Never Say chart. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ujsfi8
Oni is reach's old file, heavy is mine, standard is a slightly dumbed down version of heavy.
The offset for this .sm and the offset for cetaka's Never Say differ (I believe by a measure), so if you want to paste my chart'd data into cetaka's sm and then reload songs/courses to be able to use F5/F6 to compare the two you'll have to use delete four times on my chart so they line up.

If you're really interested in figuring out how songs are layered, though, you should try to do it yourself. Start with songs that are simple and obvious to layer and work your way up to ones that are complex or full of hard to follow rhythms. For best results, step songs that other people have already stepped - THEN look at their chart. Figure out where they differ, and WHY. Is the other person's chart more accurate than yours, or just stepped in a different way? Evaluate whether your or their technique is more effective, etc etc
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)

Last edited by Patashu; 08-6-2009 at 08:19 AM..
Old 08-6-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar[os]
I stepped RIP=RELEASE aside from Brimming White, also in XSBP2. That's about it. Brimming White also has a singles chart but it's garbage so I wouldn't recommend even looking at it
Old 08-6-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar[os] View Post
meltdown - gundam-dude/cherubi
kokoro - gundam-dude

Oh nice you actually remember Meltdown and Kokoro. Xiao isn't into Vocaloid much so RIP=RELEASE and Brimming White are like the only files he's ever done related to Vocaloid. If anything, there are more vocaloid files from me that people don't know about but doesn't really matter much since they're either not very good files or they're unreleased.

But might as well name them off:
- Love Ward (DCP2 submission)
- Palette (jumpstream dump for like 3 minutes. pretty hard file)
- Kuma Beat (Bluexoon Pad Pack)
- Vanishment of Hatsune Miku (chart sucks ass compared to Kommisar's and Linus')
- Tori no Uta -Groove That Stripes Mix- (some old ass pad file that's boring as ****)
- You (Jazz Version) (old keyboard file. decent but has errors I never bothered fixing up)

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

lets collab on vanishment keyboard
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
tunsz555
FFR Player

thanks everyone, but I just don't feel right to start new thread for this last question :
I saw Kil's Stage file. Is there a kind of FFR RPG game or music games mission mode or mission song pack that progress from stage to stage?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #10
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

haha. nope, but some commercial rhythm games have systems where beating some songs or doing things unlocks other songs/missions for play. there's also the extra stage/one more extra stage system in most of konami's rhythm games that allows you to play 'boss' songs if you do really well over the course of normal play