Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-4-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
GG_Guru
Let em' do what they want
FFR Veteran

Default Which is more important in life?

Education or money?

Education is something that no one can take away from you and it will always be there when you need it. Money on the other hand, is essential to survive and without money you would not be able to afford an education. In my opinion, both of them go hand in hand, but there can only be one better choice. If you only had to choose one then which do you think will benefit you more?

My choice would be education because I can use the knowledge that I gain to earn money, but there are slight technicalities involved. For example, in order for me to get an education I would need to get money first to pay for a college tuition. In this case money is essential to survive, right? I have a loophole in my theory.

Let's say an individual gets a full time job at McDonalds and is on minimum wage. They save up their money and in three months they are able to afford a tuition at their nearest community college. Now they have the ability to get an education, but there is only problem, time. They have the job and they have the education but for them to excel in either of the two they would need to sacrifice one for the other. You need money to pay your rent, phone bill, transportation, and food. You need an education to gain the knowledge and skills required to attain a salaried job that can provide you with higher and better chances of survival.

So it comes down to these options: education and money. What would you choose and why?