Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #11
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator
Default Re: New Veteran Status - Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
How about coming up with a point system that can combine each and every aspect together so that having a portion of all three can satisfy the veteran requirement?

ex: obtain 4,500 points

forum post: +1 for every two posts
account length: +750 per year
game: +1 per every 5,000,000 gts

etc.

basically, the point I'm trying to make is, a user can obtain veteran status by using two aspects, rather than just a single one

Let's use wc (who happened to be at the end of page 8 and because he's my b*tch so I'll do it anyway :3)

Account length: 4.27 (x 750) ~ 3,201
GTS: 11,337,198,895 (÷ 5,000,000) ~ 2,267
Forum Posts: 9,190 (÷ 2) = 4,595

in this case, you have a user who's been active (4.27 years), shows that they have a great interest in the game (11 bil GTS), and they are extremely active in the community (albeit a bit trolly). However, their continued interest in the site has racked them enough points to be a veteran more than twice over (10,063).

I can already see people complaining about the system because they choose not to do one of the few things, but the way that I see it - if you haven't been on the site long, why should you be considered? If you don't play the game a lot, why should you be considered? If you can't be bothered to jump in the community, why should you be considered? Forcing two different requirements to be partially attained rather than a single one assures users getting rewarded for what they do, whether it be an active poster in the community or an active player.
That's not a bad idea, AJ. But I still think that veteran status should correlate to how long someone has been a member more than anything else. Maybe the mods could create a (separate) hierarchy of forum ranks (low poster, moderate poster, prolific poster) etc. since I see stuff like that in virtually every other forum I run across nowadays.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote