Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #29
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall
Default Re: The PS3 Is Here.

Uncharted 2

Easily the best game on the PS3. If you liked Uncharted, the sequel will blow your mind away. Just completed it now, mind = blown. If you've never played the first one, it'll still blow you away. Worth the money, or just rent it, whatever, it doesn't matter. All that matters is if you have a PS3, you need to play this game. Promptly.

Thought the first game would be a hard act to follow but the sequel is 100 times better.

Gameplay is phenomenal. It's the same as Uncharted but with a few additional features in the hand to hand combat and stealth. The game is all gameplay as well, even the ****ing cutscenes, and it's not some crap QTE either. Some parts you're like, "Holy crap what the hell just happened that was INSANE". The only real cutscenes in the game are plot development ones, for example, "Look at this map we're going here". The game has something special if it's able to make you feel like you're watching a movie. It's so engrossing it's unbelievable and you're controlling this stuff every step of the way.

Speaking of engrossing the story is brilliant. There are a few dents in the few predictable and cliche moments but otherwise it's really something highly enjoyable to get deeper into. Of course the star of the show Nathan Drake makes this experience what it is. He's one of the best design characters in any game I've ever played. The guy could make the most mundane game seem outstanding to play. He's hilarious.

Graphically, this game is best right now on the PS3. Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if the game has the best graphics of any game out atm. I am thankful to have a HD TV as some of the places in the game are breathtaking. I couldn't help but just stare. I even got my parents to look. Just to show the closest person how visually stunning this game is.

The online is exactly what the game needed to keep it going, and I'm glad they spent so long making the game because of it. It's fantastic. The game now keeps a firm grasp on you with the hours of replay value. You never thought Uncharted would work so well online. Imagine a gears of war - but with characters that don't move like the titanic. Well just imagine uncharted, online. That's exactly what it is. It's awesome.

I'm running out of steam. It's the best game of 2009 k.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote