Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-1-2009, 08:25 AM   #11
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: IQ

Quote:
I think more than 30% of the people would answer yes, other than that, there are really smart people that are quite humble.

Is the thing in your signature physically possible with elastics or is there some paradox involved?
Social psychology would tell us that the vast majority of people, i.e. over 85% of people, will report themselves as 'slightly above average' intelligence, as to think of themselves as better than the average bear, but not to appear full of themselves. People don't like to think of themselves as average or less than average, generally, which becomes clear when we realize 85+% of people can't be above average

Also, it's a hypercube, representing a cube in 4 dimensional hyper-space, so no.

Quote:
I'm also pretty sure many IQ tests inflate scores to make one seem "smarter." I remember this absurdly easy test with a 135 cap, but the questions and length of the test probably demanded no more than a 110 cap.
Well yeah, most online IQ tests don't even standardize the scores based on performance from a sample and don't have any validity checks to assure they're measuring the right things.

Obviously it's difficult to standardize a test online, since the sample isn't at all random - the easiest way is usually to have people take the test that can give you scores from other tests they've taken.

Also, that was probably the tickle.com test, or whatever that site is. I wouldn't exactly call that an IQ test. :P

Last edited by Reach; 07-1-2009 at 08:34 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote