Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-2-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
ooobl.
bevarages for lyfe
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ooobl. Send a message via Skype™ to ooobl.
Default IQ

Mine is 128. Let's get an average IQ for FFR.
Old 03-2-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: IQ

I believe the results of the last one was 145.

EDIT: It was a ****ty online one, btw. Grossly inaccurate, I'm sure.

Reach's test gave me a 121. Sounds much more reasonable.

Last edited by foilman8805; 03-2-2009 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: Grammar lmfao
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
OrganisM
FFR Player

IQ tests are garbage, and the web tests are hardly ever even accurate within that context. I've had my results vary as much as 35 points, and that's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
knuckles2224
Angel Island ♥
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
IQ tests are garbage, and the web tests are hardly ever even accurate within that context. I've had my results vary as much as 35 points, and that's ridiculous.
At least you're smarter than an average bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrekusuof93 View Post
Knuckles you're just a rebel
knuckles2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
IQ tests are not garbage. I'd like to see you provide some evidence to suggest they are.

However, I most certainly agree that 99% of wed based IQ tests are garbage, for an assortment of reasons.

I like how everyone here is posting scores, but not what test they've taken. It's absolutely pointless to post a score without also posting the test you achieved it on. Stop it, please people.

If you want to take a pretty good IQ test, try this:

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

It is a great mimic of the IQ test Ravens Advanced Progressive Matrices, a commonly administered test.

However, it's much easier to obtain reliable measures of IQ through a psychologist. As such, while the score you get from this test is likely fairly accurate, you could get a more reliable score from a psychologist. That is, if you're willing to pay money :P

Last edited by Reach; 03-2-2009 at 02:49 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
IQ tests are not garbage. I'd like to see you provide some evidence to suggest they are.

However, I most certainly agree that 99% of wed based IQ tests are garbage, for an assortment of reasons.

I like how everyone here is posting scores, but not what test they've taken. It's absolutely pointless to post a score without also posting the test you achieved it on. Stop it, please people.

It is a great mimic of the IQ test Ravens Advanced Progressive Matrices, a commonly administered test.

However, it's much easier to obtain reliable measures of IQ through a psychologist. As such, while the score you get from this test is likely fairly accurate, you could get a more reliable score from a psychologist. That is, if you're willing to pay money :P
Got mine from a shrink in my second group home. Agreed on shoddy internet tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
text
IQ scores are the measure of one's ability to take an IQ test. Trying to measure intelligence on a linear scale is ridiculous. It's sad that we try to quantify such a thing in such a simplistic way.

As for the study of the brain, I respect that science is young, but to be truthful, we know almost nothing about the brain and most of what we say is basically pretense. Why should an IQ test administered by a psychologist be any better? I've dealt with psychologists and psychiatrists who are the best in this city and have had decades of experience, and they almost killed me through their suggestions (and in the case of the psychiatrist, medications), so if they can't do anything for me than explain the obvious (you are experiencing depressive symptoms, and then you experience manic symptoms..) then I don't see how they can do the impossible, which is to turn the entire scope of the human brain into a numeric value.

There are many criticisms, and the first thing you should have done is googled it. I wouldn't post my statement if there weren't any solid reasoning behind it. First, check the obvious; wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_test

Then look at Asimov's essays, and the opinions of many within the field. Sadly, a lot of this takes common sense, and if you honestly believe that you can put the sum total of a human being's intelligence into a number, it would be a very long and miserably painful discussion. There are many links to and examples of criticism within the Wikipedia article, some of which I would have posted on my own, but I don't wish to be redundant.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 03-2-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
IQ scores are the measure of one's ability to take an IQ test. Trying to measure intelligence on a linear scale is ridiculous. It's sad that we try to quantify such a thing in such a simplistic way.

As for the study of the brain, I respect that science is young, but to be truthful, we know almost nothing about the brain and most of what we say is basically pretense. Why should an IQ test administered by a psychologist be any better? I've dealt with psychologists and psychiatrists who are the best in this city and have had decades of experience, and they almost killed me through their suggestions (and in the case of the psychiatrist, medications), so if they can't do anything for me than explain the obvious (you are experiencing depressive symptoms, and then you experience manic symptoms..) then I don't see how they can do the impossible, which is to turn the entire scope of the human brain into a numeric value.

There are many criticisms, and the first thing you should have done is googled it. I wouldn't post my statement if there weren't any solid reasoning behind it. First, check the obvious; wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_test

Then look at Asimov's essays, and the opinions of many within the field. Sadly, a lot of this takes common sense, and if you honestly believe that you can put the sum total of a human being's intelligence into a number, it would be a very long and miserably painful discussion. There are many links to and examples of criticism within the Wikipedia article, some of which I would have posted on my own, but I don't wish to be redundant.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that IQ testing is perfect. However, the idea that it's garbage is ridiculous.

I study Psychology at university and have taken classes in psychometrics. I've already read the entry on wikipedia on this subject, but either way, you're relying on wikipedia to argue that 'IQ tests are garbage'? Please. Find some scholarly sources (not that you will). Modern IQ tests are very predictive of many things and serve an abundance of uses.

That and your rant about psychology and psychiatrists is...borderline ridiculous. We know a ridiculous amount about the brain. I'm going to assume from what you've written that you've never taken a neuroscience class. You're trying to argue we don't know anything about the brain by giving ...anecdotal evidence about...psychiatrists?

Please. I'll be the first to point out that they get paid to give you medicine, and many of their diagnoses are ridiculous (This however, does not in any way apply to every psychiatrist).

I've read opinions on this matter, in particular Asimov's already. He has no idea what he's talking about (Sorry, he really doesn't. As intelligent as he is, he fails to differentiate between intelligence and knowledge, and ...the bulk of his argument holds no water from a scientific perspective. He misunderstands the concept of g entirely.).

That's not to say there aren't valid criticisms of IQ tests. I can generate numerous criticisms. However, I would never claim they're garbage, because it's ridiculous.

Last edited by Reach; 03-2-2009 at 03:27 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm not going to sit here and tell you that IQ testing is perfect. However, the idea that it's garbage is ridiculous.
Alright, they're very debatable and hardly any authority on intelligence and in many senses just a number. Does that satisfy you?

Quote:
I study Psychology at university and have taken classes in psychometrics.
When many leaders in the field agree that it's debatable even at best, you are championing your studies?

Quote:
I've already read the entry on wikipedia on this subject, but either way, you're relying on wikipedia to argue that 'IQ tests are garbage'? Please. Find some scholarly sources (not that you will). Modern IQ tests are very predictive of many things and serve an abundance of uses.
Wikipedia quotes scholarly sources, and I didn't post additional sources because I thought Wiki's sources were sufficient in this case and I didn't want to be redundant.

Quote:
That and your rant about psychology and psychiatrists is...borderline ridiculous. We know a ridiculous amount about the brain. I'm going to assume from what you've written that you've never taken a neuroscience class. You're trying to argue we don't know anything about the brain by giving ...anecdotal evidence about...psychiatrists?
I'm saying that psychiatrists and psychologists, for all their supposed knowledge, play guessing games all the time. I'll admit my knowledge on neuroscience is limited but that doesn't invalidate what I was saying.

Quote:
Please. I'll be the first to point out that they get paid to give you medicine, and many of their diagnoses are ridiculous (This however, does not in any way apply to every psychiatrist).
..which is exactly what I was saying anyways, and I was saying that it kind of makes it silly to consider psychologists and psychiatrists authorities when they have trouble with basic diagnosis. It's like a mechanical genius who doesn't know how to put gas in the tank of a car.

Quote:
I've read opinions on this matter, in particular Asimov's already. He has no idea what he's talking about (Sorry, he really doesn't. As intelligent as he is, he fails to differentiate between intelligence and knowledge, and ...the bulk of his argument holds no water from a scientific perspective. He misunderstands the concept of g entirely.).
Sorry I didn't use a source you requested.

Quote:
That's not to say there aren't valid criticisms of IQ tests. I can generate numerous criticisms. However, I would never claim they're garbage, because it's ridiculous.
So, we've established that:

1. We know a lot about the human brain
2. Psychology is the study of the mind and its behavior
3. Psychology and the brain are closely related
4. Psychologists are the experts on this matter
5. Psychologists frequently misdiagnose common disorders
6. The fact that it happened to me renders it invalid (because if it's anecdotal it's not true)
7. The experts on in the field are having basic difficulties with applying the science
8. IQ tests are part of the general field
9. Psychologists administer them for a fee
10. IQ tests are administered by those who have trouble applying their knowledge.

and lastly, of course

11. IQ tests are great and psychology is the ultimate truth which cannot be argued.

Glad to know how we got there.

Quote:
It's a really bad argument;what if how good you are at taking an IQ test is highly predictive of other things? This is basically the entire point of an IQ test. The material that is on it is irrelevant - it's what this material is measuring indirectly (the answer to that is g, or the general intelligence factor).
So you're admitting that the results are based on a conjecture which is highly debatable by the highest opinions in the field.

Also, not sure if this article meets your standards, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Another thing: the guy who invented the test says:

The scale, properly speaking, does not permit the measure of intelligence, because intellectual qualities are not superposable, and therefore cannot be measured as linear surfaces are measured.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Last edited by OrganisM; 03-2-2009 at 03:58 PM..
Old 03-2-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
126 on that one
Old 03-6-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
Lr5
FFR Player

Quote:

118 on that one.
Lr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2009, 12:22 PM   #12
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hai, i got a IQ of 68. Have a nice day.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2009, 08:02 AM   #13
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

Quote:
Yeah. IQ tests are garbage, much less the online ones.

I've had anything between 118 and 165 (!!!!!!) on the online ones. I'm serious. 165. Like, what the heck. I know I'm smart, but not that smart.
Old 03-3-2009, 08:07 AM   #14
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

I tried the IQ test reach posted, and rushed through it pretty hastily. After like the first 25 or so, I had gotten pretty drained, and didn't even attempt the last half of it. I'll try it again when I am in the right mind set to do such a test. I got 108, but that's probably around where my IQ stands, if I take the test again it shouldn't deviate too farm from that score.

Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.
iCeCuBEz v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 01:40 PM   #15
Bioluminescence
FFR Player

haha yea my IQ is different on every site, by a lot more then 35 points. If was are talking like actual IQ's mine was 134 in like 7th grade or something can't remember exact number.
Bioluminescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 01:44 PM   #16
Xandertrax
om nom nom
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Xandertrax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wrZOf7A20k
Xandertrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 01:50 PM   #17
OrganisM
FFR Player

ahahah, classic.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 03-2-2009, 01:50 PM   #18
dandandamdandan1111
the baker man
FFR Veteran

The test I took when I was little came out to be around foilman's, about 146.

Oh, and on this online test, I scored a 196 so I know not to trust them.

Last edited by dandandamdandan1111; 03-2-2009 at 01:54 PM..
dandandamdandan1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Mine is 1337.
Old 03-3-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
xingyguy
Bagel
FFR Veteran