Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
IAAW
FFR Player

Default DANCE! Online (Again)

www.dance.acclaim.com - Click me, I ish lonely.

I was bored, so I decided to get back into DANCE! Online. And oh, how much has it changed. One of the noteskins are different (it's now like this flashing yellow bar "thing"), and there's more clothes than I recognize in the shop. Oh, and thanks to the wonderful beauty of doing surveys and PeanutLabs (the PeanutLabs service allows you to earn 200 coins per survey, but it's VERY touchy; you can easily disqualify on surveys, although the first couple of surveys you're guaranteed to earn some coins on.), I got to get some cash items. Forever. Which is pretty neat. Better than saving up ****ing 20k points to get some random top/bottoms.

There's also a new "hispanic" skin if you wanna feel "asiany" or "mexicany" or "finally a skin color other than black but not racist thoughy". Oh, and plentiful of new modes I came upon;

Superstar Mode - This is accessible at level 10 (from what I've heard), and it's like playing a round of SM with FailOff. You hit the notes to build up a bar up to a x8 multiplier (red), and then press Space to initiate it. This initiates a "superstar move" as I would like to call it, and basically you can sit back and chat for a couple of seconds while the game autos notes and makes you do some random spinning/flipping moves out of contrast to the moveset used on the song.

River Mode - Ohay reverse mode of SM with Hallway effect on.

Reverse Notes - The notes with yellow glows you have to hit the opposite of. It's like playing Audition with chance mode on, except it's a lot more grueling at times.

Battle Mode - Does food count as a weapon? You use weapons to do things to other peoples' gameplay area. As far as I know, the mode is FailOff.

There are also more maps. And about 1,000 or so new songs, haven't bothered to actually check through it. There are around 50 10+ chart songs, with the hardest (lvl 17) being the song "self". About 25% of the songs are probably from SDO. There's also plentiful of chat/message mods you can buy for coins, also.

It's really fun now, to me. I play Superstar Mode mostly, and River Mode with others when I get the chance. Everyone on DANCE! Online hates River Mode, except for a select few. I like River Mode because it lets me pwn self lvl 17 with a combo of at least 300 or more, don't know.

I was going to bump a thread on this subject, but seeing as it was over a year old, I decided a new thread wouldn't hurt. Oh, and if you didn't exactly read the first paragraph well, you can earn coins for doing surveys via PeanutLabs. It's pretty cool, and although getting coins is a 50/50 shot, the first couple of surveys are guaranteed to earn you coins. Basically, when you get a code;

My Account -> Purchase Acclaim Coins -> Acclaim PIN

Insert the code there, and click Submit. Tadaa, 200 coins added to your account. 200 coins is enough to get a bunch of items in the cash shop for forever, but saving up 400 coins is enough to get pretty much anything for forever. And yes, most of you will probably be fat; just get a potion. Problem solved. I recommend the "Normal Build" potion.

IGN is IAAW, as ****ING USUAL. >_>

PS: Stay away from Ponystars. It's a girls game, but once you play it, you can't stop. I SWEAR. -.-

Last edited by IAAW; 08-20-2008 at 09:37 PM..
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
FPRain
FFR Player

Default Re: DANCE! Online (Again)

Interesting. I'm probably going to re-download it now. Haven't played that game since it was still in its early stages with very little songs.
I'm assuming it's a lot better than dance dance audition at this point?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPRain View Post
Interesting. I'm probably going to re-download it now. Haven't played that game since it was still in its early stages with very little songs.
I'm assuming it's a lot better than dance dance audition at this point?
You'll have to play it for yourself, but so far, I think it's better than Audition right now. But I'm still down to the core an audi player, so I still play audi at times. But yes, the new modes/hundreds of new songs makes it a lot better. Oh, and three words:

self level 17. HARD AS ****. Except on River Mode. (at least for me.)
Old 08-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
FPRain
FFR Player

I've been playing audi for the past couple of months and I noticed that they would add new songs but take some away but even so, there have been only 2 different updates on additional songs. I'm hoping Dance! is more frequent at updating than that D=?
Self level 17? NO IDEA what that is, lol. Need to download Dance! again haven't touched it in years.
[Oh btw you should post a link to the homepage to make it more accessible for everyone else =P]
Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
Godsara1
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Godsara1

I'd love to play it - But it's such a BIG file...
Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
Dude, we have to be careful. I'm 20, and I see you're 19. You just can't go talking to anyone these days, man. They're all out to get us. Chris Hanson is probably browsing this forum right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsara1 View Post
If you could meet someone dead of alive...Who would it be and why?
Panic4Me.
Bcuz.
that's wai!
Godsara1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #6
IAAW
FFR Player

FPRain, I currently like the current update for Audition. I like Andy Hunter - Stars, and they have Love Song on there. (Yes, Sara B-e-i -- **** it I can't spell that's song, Love Song.)
Old 08-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #7
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i tried DANCE to see what it was... probably about a year ago. and it was pretty damn bad. i mean, i guess it works for the audience it caters to... but definitely not the same audience that FFR is shooting for.

seems more geared for 12 year old girls or non-american users, IMO. far east, mostly.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #8
FPRain
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
FPRain, I currently like the current update for Audition. I like Andy Hunter - Stars, and they have Love Song on there. (Yes, Sara B-e-i -- **** it I can't spell that's song, Love Song.)
Oh hmmm... I didn't even know there were updates. I haven't played audi in a long while now. I was here for the natasha and lifehouse updates =P I need to check up on audi soontime, lol.

/currently downloading Dance!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee

Looks extremely easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
fo3h4mm3r
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Eh first week of playing I fc'd right on right now which was at the time the "hardest song in the game" and now i have come close to fc'ing self but not quite there. xD I do admit that they need some new steppers cause some of the songs in there are horrible. Got bored of it after lvl 21 so I pretty much quit.
fo3h4mm3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:36 AM   #11
FPRain
FFR Player

So I downloaded it and played a couple of songs here and there on hard and I must say the difficulty level of the songs are quite easy. I say the harder songs are around a difficult or very difficult here on FFR but I'm quite bad at the holds so I don't know >.<
The song selections are really good though =]
Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #12
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SithCait22

They have Jack's Mannequin now. Thats all i need. Im on.
SithCait22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #13
IAAW
FFR Player

Bumping this because I can.

I've found about a new Lover Mode type called Lover's River. It's basically River Mode. River Mode is teh fun, but everyone sucks at it. -.-
Old 08-22-2008, 04:27 AM   #14
Woshiwobi
FFR Player

duh just register here to make a post to this thread :/

well well ^^

Dance! Online is quit bad

1. the songs are to easy lv 15 songs are like lv 8 - 9 lol...
2. the charas looks ugly xD
3. its a way to expensive ^^

sdo-x is a better version ^^

many songs to play and the most of lv 10+ are really lv 10+ songs... not like dance online xD

the chara's look a waaayyy better ^^
and its very cheap

www.xdo.com.my (dunno if i allowed to post a link and use the mmosite link to download the game )

if someone want to play with me ^^

dance!online > Woshiwobi lv 14
sdo-x > Woshiwobi lv 31
someone want a guild in sdo-x just pn me
Woshiwobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:42 AM   #15
MilkChan
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MilkChan Send a message via MSN to MilkChan Send a message via Yahoo to MilkChan

Dance online lags and is very offsync. I kinda feel bad for the good players because they've gotten used to having bad timing.
MilkChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #16
IAAW
FFR Player

Wait until DANCE! Online gets more updates. From what I've read on the forums, there's going to be a replacement of River Mode (where you can actually choose to use River Mode in any mode), and there's supposed to be anime faces at some point. The best stepped songs I have to agree with are the chinese/asiany songs that are at the very bottom of the list. And the sync ain't that bad; 3.0x rate is a good rate to stay synced to the song. For the most part, I think DANCE! Online has improved somewhat.