Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-3-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
RandomPscho
FFR Player

Default AP Statistics

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I would assume more people might have taken it that visit CT.

Has anyone taken the AP Statistics at high school? How hard/easy is it? I have to choose my classes on Monday (I will be in 11th grade next year) and am wondering whether or not to take stats. I am in algebra 2 (pre-calculus is next year) and I am not sure if the math is easy/hard/new. Thanks if you can give me some details about how the class is.
RandomPscho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
Tisthammerw
FFR Player

Default Re: AP Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPscho View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I would assume more people might have taken it that visit CT.

Has anyone taken the AP Statistics at high school? How hard/easy is it? I have to choose my classes on Monday (I will be in 11th grade next year) and am wondering whether or not to take stats. I am in algebra 2 (pre-calculus is next year) and I am not sure if the math is easy/hard/new. Thanks if you can give me some details about how the class is.
I haven't taken it, but I have taken Probability and Statistics in college--and that was hard. This is just an educated guess, but if you're looking for an easy course I recommend not taking AP Statistics.
Tisthammerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
darkdieuguerre
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPscho View Post

Statistics was easy for me (got a 5 on the AP Exam). However, I took it in 8th grade. Most kids in my class struggled with it, so I wouldn't recommend it if you didn't need to take it. There isn't a lot of math in it, probability and giving p-values for tests etc. You need to explain all your answers and use the data you obtained, so even if you suck at math, it isn't impossible to do well.

darkdieuguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
RandomPscho
FFR Player

I think I will take it then. Thanks for the help
Old 02-3-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Wait, in the probability part of first-year stat classes, you learn the stuff you'd find here and here, right? If so, I'll probably take it when I can since I probably already know 1/4 of what I'll be learning 8)
Old 02-4-2007, 12:25 AM   #6
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

AP stats is the easiest AP class I ever took.

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2007, 12:26 AM   #7
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Question: Easier than microeconomics? I'm thinking of taking that for easy AP credits but you're really making me want to try to see if I can take stat next year with a little convincing and begging.
Old 02-4-2007, 12:33 AM   #8
RandomPscho
FFR Player

thank you Aperson I will take it. Seems like a bunch of doing the same thing over and over again. But for a semester of college, it'll be worth it.
Old 02-4-2007, 12:35 AM   #9
TK_Breed
Backstreet for Life!
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TK_Breed Send a message via MSN to TK_Breed Send a message via Yahoo to TK_Breed

take pre calc then calc your senior year. statistics is best learned in college.

~Breed~
TK_Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2007, 12:53 AM   #10
dj_leo
FFR Player

i failed stats though i had a horrible teacher. 1st semester which just went by i got C, A, then an E on the exam. again im pretty sure he was just a bad teacher. most of the first part plugging **** into equations...actually...thats all you do. now im in second semester and we started out the week learning roman numerals and other numeral systems. now we're learning about clocks xD its not hard but i would imagine AP to go by MUCH quicker. if it helps only 2 people got over a C in a class of 30 people.
dj_leo is offline   Reply With Quote