Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
nuclearsamurai
huehuehue
FFR Veteran

Default Here's an idea.

So I was trying to improve my avrank today, and I thought about this.

Could there be an option to turn off the backgrounds for songs in the settings menu?

Especially the animations. Those are the most distracting.

Last edited by nuclearsamurai; 09-28-2008 at 04:49 PM..
nuclearsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456
Default Re: Here's an idea.

no

infact, we should add a few more songs with distracting backgrounds like P4Uv2
addes more of a challenge to a song

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

no
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
no

infact, we should add a few more songs with distracting backgrounds like P4Uv2
addes more of a challenge to a song

i actually like this idea +1
Old 09-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

how about you can choose from some default backgrounds or something in the menu and when you play the song the bg you chose comes up
and the p4u one would be one lol
Old 09-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
iceefudgesickle
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearsamurai View Post
So I was trying to improve my avrank today, and I thought about this.

Could there be an option to turn off the backgrounds for songs in the settings menu?

Especially the animations. Those are the most distracting.
Backgrounds are not allowed in songs anymore from what I hear. I will agree with you though, they are totally distracting and I think they should be scrapped from the game, but in order to "preserve the old files as they used to be", they keep backgrounds in old songs, much like they keep off-sync songs and blue note songs unchanged.

The ones that bother me are the ones with bright, vibrant colors. The ones with random shapes moving (like the parallelograms that turn around and then disappear) don't bother me, it's the ones with vibrant colors that bother me. I almost AAA'd Domani on sightread and was pissed off to no end because I had to look at that bright pink background and try to distinguish the arrows from the background again.

SkellyBones is the worst though. Oh my god, the background is the SAME COLOR AS THE ARROWS. And then halfway through the song, text pops up and says "Time for some offbeat arrows!" and that always distracted the hell out of me. Not to mention the arrows are offbeat, so you can't trust rhythm to help you hit the notes, you have to be able to see the arrows in order to AAA it, WHICH YOU CAN'T BECAUSE OF THE GODDAMN BACKGROUND! And ON TOP OF THAT they add moving shapes WHICH ALSO HAPPEN TO BE THE SAME COLOR AS THE ARROWS! It only took me 10 minutes or so to AAA it, but my eyes were simply gone, I was seeing blue for the rest of the day.
iceefudgesickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #7
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

SkellyBones; Just turn your speakers off. I AAA'd it on the first go after that.

But flight of the bumblebee, oh god. I can't even FC it because it's so godawful to read. Oh and the patterns being horrible doesn't help either

Actually on that note. They took AV misses out, which was changing a fundamental way the game worked, is that fundamentally different from going through and working out all the backgrounds and random shapes from old files, or syncing them up, or colouring the notes?
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #8
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
They took AV misses out, which was changing a fundamental way the game worked, is that fundamentally different from going through and working out all the backgrounds and random shapes from old files, or syncing them up, or colouring the notes?
Avmisses was an unintended bug and consequence of the patterns interacting with a framrate that was insufficiently high. Bluenote and backgrounded songs are part of the site history, and will stay intact.

Look on the bright side, they wanted to add in more backgrounds and got talked out of it.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #9
nuclearsamurai
huehuehue
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceefudgesickle View Post
I will agree with you though, they are totally distracting and I think they should be scrapped from the game, but in order to "preserve the old files as they used to be", they keep backgrounds in old songs, much like they keep off-sync songs and blue note songs unchanged.

The ones that bother me are the ones with bright, vibrant colors. The ones with random shapes moving (like the parallelograms that turn around and then disappear) don't bother me, it's the ones with vibrant colors that bother me.

Not to mention the arrows are offbeat, so you can't trust rhythm to help you hit the notes, you have to be able to see the arrows in order to AAA it, WHICH YOU CAN'T BECAUSE OF THE GODDAMN BACKGROUND! And ON TOP OF THAT they add moving shapes WHICH ALSO HAPPEN TO BE THE SAME COLOR AS THE ARROWS! It only took me 10 minutes or so to AAA it, but my eyes were simply gone, I was seeing blue for the rest of the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Bluenote and backgrounded songs are part of the site history, and will stay intact.
All of this. Really, just a simple setting could work. That way, the backgrounds are preserved as they are, and people distracted by backgrounds have it a little easier.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #10
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
SkellyBones; Just turn your speakers off. I AAA'd it on the first go after that.

But flight of the bumblebee, oh god. I can't even FC it because it's so godawful to read. Oh and the patterns being horrible doesn't help either
you make it sound like FOTBB is really that hard to read when its not...its just fast
Old 09-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Been suggested numerous times. I'm all for it but Tass has said no. So meh it's just how you gotta play.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #12
iceefudgesickle
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Avmisses was an unintended bug and consequence of the patterns interacting with a framrate that was insufficiently high. Bluenote and backgrounded songs are part of the site history, and will stay intact.

Look on the bright side, they wanted to add in more backgrounds and got talked out of it.
Exactly. Avmisses had to be taken out of the game because they were unintended and the game progressed because of it - now we can have files that take jack skill in the game. I have absolutely no jack skill and now there are a bunch of impossible jack songs but that's not the point - the point is that stepfile artists aren't limited to having no framers in their songs anymore.
iceefudgesickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

I say leave them be, and start repairing old games.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #14
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
you make it sound like FOTBB is really that hard to read when its not...its just fast
it's hard for me and that's all that matters
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
Old 09-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #15
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:

But AV misses were part of the site history as well. ?_?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #16
L0NEvvolf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to L0NEvvolf

Quote:

I think that we should "fix" up the game, and get rid of all songs that would not be accepted by the judges of today that are in game. This includes of beat files, and files with backgrounds. Also fix it so the arrow coloring is on all songs.
L0NEvvolf is offline   Reply With Quote