View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 08:24 AM   #1132
Boyachi
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Boyachi
Default Re: How many of you guys who have been around for longer than 10 years still are around

I was big on this for a long while until I over-focused and lost the joy.
I came back for a little bit, after the initial hiatus, but I have come back much stronger this year.

How long was the haitus? Before it I had played essentially everything that did not require a skill token and now I have not played ~2/3 of the songs.
While I have made some notable high score improvements, there are others portions (largely endurance) that still have a long way to go before they get close to my height (ie: I could play longer songs like Pants twice in a row and now if I would do that, it would be only once and essentially the only song I would play that session as my arms would be exhausted. Also bad example because I gave away all my credits when I left the first time).

Congrats on 3.3-3.5. Prior to my hiatus I was at 1.75, but I am at 2.75 now. It might also be because my current screen is 27" where my old one was 14", but it has allowed much better tracking on more difficult songs for longer combos.

I do not like the inclusion of triples and quads. Especially when I started and even now many factory standard keyboards [on budget laptops] have trouble with anything over a double. Even an Apple keyboard from 2003 with its price tag can only do some triples. Some people can lean into their hobbies while other people may take years of collecting pieces, and on that a lot of people need to budget for a a gaming keyboard, or even a $20 keyboard (hi). Sure, you can cramp-roll to get them, but honestly that takes so much skill to pull off and still get Amazing/Perfects that it becomes unfair once you get streams in the 70s-80s difficulties. Once you are proficient in doubles, triples and especially quads come down far more as a hardware issue than a skill issue. I am not saying "BAN ALL TRIPLES AND QUADS" but as a player I would at least like a warning, on the description, especially for multiplayer.