View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #182
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Ill try to look into those files later.But I thought Sulfer said PR wasnt very important in this.Im not very good at PR because when I use PR it just makes the streams more boring.Ill try to see what u meant on OIAL.Id rather let Sulfer decide on Blazing Hate.Scince he doesnt really discriminate on PR.Besides.When Its a spread chart for a more strict pack then Id layer and use pitch relevancy.Im gonna link u to a nice spread chart.I didnt focus on PR but layering was good
Degree of PR application is contingent on the song selection. When accurate however fun it is will ultimately be decided by the song. Guitar genres require much more PR than say a drum file for example. In the case of Once in a Lifetime though that’s really irrelevant, cuz completely excluding PR errors there are too many sync errors. Other parts (M124, etc.) also felt very awkward. Realize that selective layering is necessary to emphasize certain sounds. Or at least layering with jumps so a player can differentiate.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote