View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #289
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Someone step the full version of Beyond This Life (and make it good). It's pretty much the only 10+ minute song I would want to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
His decision overrides mine.
Yeah, though I'd only accept it if you had minor complaints, but if you're only rejecting it for pitch relevancy issues then I might accept it.

These reviews are a little old. Haven't checked the email recently.

Abstract Art - Accepted with some tweaks - I really hate this **** where every step is any other color but red or blue and the BPM changes every half of a measure. It's so chaotic that I can't tell whether or not what I played was good or bad. I think I liked most of it, but I definitely felt the last 20 measures were stepped poorly (both charts). It could be a lot better PR wise, but I don't care much about that.

Blazing Hate (again) - Accepted, kind of - I swear, every time you make a change to this something else ends up wrong. Well, screw it, I'll just fix it myself. If you don't mind that is.

Bodom After Midnight - sry - Already in the first pack, heeelllooooooo...

Eve of Seduction - Accepted with some tweaks - This file is fun, but it seems like you rushed over it and didn't feel like checking your work. Let's just say that almost every time you have 24th or 32nd bursts following the drums, they're innacurate in one way or another. Places like measure 88 shouldn't have those jump triplets (whatever), but should only have two jumps. The solo seemed good for the most part, but I think there were one or two errors. I don't know, I'm too tired.

Holy Wars - jksdfjksdg - Also in the first pack. Are you not even familiar with it? I actually played every single one of Melonman's files before I made it. Any of his files that I liked were already included in the first one. Maybe I missed one or two, but I don't think so.

I - Rejected - Wow, no offense, but this is awful. That's probably largely to blame on the wretched song choice. A minute into the song and it was repeating the exact same **** it had been since the beginning. HOLY CRAP! Who wants to play that?!

Not Alone - Needs work - Parts of this are ok, but other parts seem unfinished -- the drums should be layered in. I'm not saying a simfile has to be layered, but in this it seems empty. The jump placement is off at times (measure 37 as an example). Measure 132 shouldn't even have those jumps; it should be 16ths instead. Measure 139, 140 is also all wrong. More than anything, though, the solo is a mess. The two 16th streams are 12ths, the holds in measures 103, 104 shouldn't even exist, and there are a few other inaccuracies. I wouldn't call this bad, but it needs work.

Prepare for War - Accepted - Every version I play of this file seems better than the last. Every version also makes mine look even more ****ty. So, yeah, I guess it's good enough. The cut is garbage though.

Prison Born (v666) - Accepted - Kind of hard... we need more files like this.

Sacred Land (again) - Accepted - uh-huh

The Watchdog of Hell - Accepted - I fixed the sync. That small of a difference is hardly noticeable.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote