View Single Post
Old 06-2-2009, 04:48 PM   #225
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Reviews consolidated (those with new versions won't be included):

(SulferDragon) Swamp-Stamp-Polka: Nice layering here (as usual).

(SulferDragon) Hollow: Song is pretty monotonous at parts, but the solo makes up for that.

(SulferDragon) What Lies Beyond: Ooo, I love this!! Really solid overall. The guitar is really fun.

(Joe D) Sacred Land: Best file of yours I’ve played. Still though a few errors that need attention: BPM and offset are both off considerably. The offset is CLOSE to -0.285 (if you’d like I can get the exact offset for you) and play the last quarter of the song at .3x to find the BPM. Excluding the PR errors, measure 65 is minijacks, and m71 has one too many minifreezes. It autta look something like this:

Just fix that and I’d accept it.

(Joe D) Once in a Lifetime: Initially I thought this might be alright with the exception of a few blatant errors. However after measure 124 the file’s quality declined rapidly. Seemed like everything from then on was painfully out of sync. And the main solo (the heart and only real reason for playing a DF file) was riddled with PR and sync errors. Some superfluous notes, and others missed. Even the most rudimentary PR patterns were neglected. Sorry, homie.

Oh, and how’d you miss those 24ths preceding those holds in the intro? Yet you used 16th 200 BPM minijacks?

(who_cares973) Doomsday: Yes!! Fun file. Didn’t bother checking the sync. It felt fine and I know your files.

(Joe D) Blazing Hate: Damn son, this file needs PR. Also, the offset is incorrect. Might get accepted if those things are fixed. Possibly others required too.

(Dog_E) No One Wins: Terrible song choice. Some stuff’s outta sync too. Also lacked difficulty consistency.

(OMEGAspike) Antimatter: What’s with all the poor song selections? This is an easy arbitrary jump file with some missed notes. Didn’t bother to look any further into the solo.

(Dog_E) Father Time: I’ll have to look into this in more detail later. From simply playing it I can tell that it lacks PR, is a very mediocre song choice (at best), and there are some missed notes.

(foilman) We Are Not Anonymous: Much better jump trill placement in the intro although the file still lacks strong PR. Also regarding that 16th guitar stream in the intro: I see the consistency there, but the trill initiating the pattern feels awkward. Maybe something like 4321 would be more suitable. Just tell Sulfer what you‘d like it to be if you wanna change it and he can rectify it himself since it‘s so minor. M40 also feels awkward. IMO you shoulda stepped more prominent sounds there, but it‘s not too bad. Nothing at all significant enough to reject the file I think.

(Bluearrowll) Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle: I’ll go into this in detail later as a courtesy, but all I can say for now is that there were several significant issues. I’ll check again later. Maybe it’s salvageable.

(Coolboyrulez) Master Exploder: Fun file imo, but there are a few things that need attention. Places like that above measure 7 are off. There are some jumps that really could be more pr, but that’s fairly negligible I’m told (especially considering its context). Now regarding those 24ths preceding measure 2. They don’t sound like 24ths or look like 24ths. Why’d you place 24ths there?

(moches) Roar: Really solid Xoon Minipack file.

Eradication: Song choice is very poor here so it’d really take an incredible file (and a good cut) to get accepted. The pause above measure 25 seemed outta place and caused you to miss a following note. And those 24th drum hits above measure 41 should be 32nds. Some pitch errors too. Didn’t have to look further.

So again, some reviews omitted for obvious reasons and I still need to review other files.

*edit* Joe I should be able to go over those things in your OIAL file later tonight. Just been really busy lately.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 06-2-2009 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: sorry Joe
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote