View Single Post
Old 05-4-2009, 10:43 PM   #76
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Oops, sorry! I was so busy cleaning yesterday I hardly touched my computer. Relatives are coming. Gotta make the house look decent.

Anyway, my reviews.

Blazing Hate - Accepted with some tweaks - Interesting, varied, and fun patterns. Actually really well stepped considering the song. Also a bit understepped in my opinion. I'm not saying you need to add jumps, but there are definitely some more sounds you could follow at times.

Eradication - Accepted with some tweaks - This was actually quite fun. In measures 131-138 I'm not sure if it's a good idea to switch from stepping the 12ths to stepping the 16ths and then back again so quickly. Kind of an awkward transition. On Heavy it's okay, I guess, but I personally think that you should layer the 12ths and 16ths together in the Challenge chart. I'll see what the other judges say. Also, did you mean to put that one hand near the beginning of Heavy. I'd like it removed.

Every Time I Die - Accepted with some tweaks - Okay, this file is actually fantastic. I'm only not accepting it for one tiny flaw. Measure 35. There are a few steps which are completely offbeat. Fix them and resubmit.

Gimme A D - Accepted with some tweaks - I found the patterns in the first minute or so to be very stale. Nothing was offbeat or anything. The BPM from measure 15-23 should be doubled. Overall, pretty good though.

Malicious Fingers - Accepted... - Fun file, really. In the email you said this is from the Xoon pack? Can I really consider that an "obscure" pack? Well, I never had it, but I don't know how many other people did/do.

Master Exploder - Accepted - Nothing technical, but it's fun. Are those hands at the end necessary?

Roar - Accepted - I didn't like the cut, but that's about it.

To the End of the World - Needs work - Great patterns. Again, like your other file, very well stepped considering the song. My main complaint this time is the freezes throughout the file seemed inconsistent. I also didn't like many of the transitions from the 16th streams to different patterns.

We Are Not Anonymous - Accepted with some tweaks - Add a jump at measure 60, 81. I wouldn't mind to see some more PR in measure 5-12 and when it repeats later, but it isn't completely necessary. This is pretty good otherwise. It's not a 9 though. =/

When Legends Come to Life - Needs work - At measures 54-56, those are 12ths, again at 98-100 and 168-170. Too many missed sounds. Jumps seemed out of place or missing at times. Many jacks are unnecessary (but not all). The song is cool though.

That batch of 16 files someone sent - See previous post on page 1.

btw, I'm probably going to be the least critical of the judges.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote