View Single Post
Old 05-4-2009, 09:34 AM   #74
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
(foilman) We Are Not Anonymous: Really fun file, man!! I liked the song choice too. A few things though: The 16th guitar streams in the intro seemed a little too arbitrary. Understanding that they repeat several times, some more variety deviating from technical accuracy could obviously be permitted, however I think patterns were changed prematurely. I could go into more detail if you’d like, but as I recall there’s a repeating pattern that initiates a different following guitar segment. This whole section changes over several measures until it repeats entirely. You seemed to change things every measure kinda neglecting pitch consistency. That’s not a really big deal though. Drum hits below measure 16 surprised me though considering the accuracy of other drum sections. Those aren’t all 24ths. It autta look something like this:

Same (or similar) when it repeats obviously.

You should fix those things (the first can be overlooked if you prefer).
Hey, the criticism is greatly appreciated and I'll look into everything you've mentioned in a couple hours when I have a bit more time. I'm glad you thought the file was fun because that has always been my goal in creating charts. I want people to enjoy the music and the file they're playing.

The guitar stream in the beginning is arbitrary. I'll admit it. My ear for pitch relevancy is very bad. I understand the concept, but my ears just suck at identifying it, so I'll take any suggestions from you on patterns, in fact, you can either add another post in this thread, or you can just PM me so we can have a private discussion (preferred).

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: Looking at the screen cap, I see what you're talking about. I just missed that drum roll. I'll fix that up. I'd still like to hear from you about the beginning guitar rhythm though.

EDIT2: Also caught one at M3# forgot the exact measure.

Last edited by foilman8805; 05-4-2009 at 04:52 PM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote