View Single Post
Old 05-4-2009, 02:33 AM   #71
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

(foilman) We Are Not Anonymous: Really fun file, man!! I liked the song choice too. A few things though: The 16th guitar streams in the intro seemed a little too arbitrary. Understanding that they repeat several times, some more variety deviating from technical accuracy could obviously be permitted, however I think patterns were changed prematurely. I could go into more detail if you’d like, but as I recall there’s a repeating pattern that initiates a different following guitar segment. This whole section changes over several measures until it repeats entirely. You seemed to change things every measure kinda neglecting pitch consistency. That’s not a really big deal though. Drum hits below measure 16 surprised me though considering the accuracy of other drum sections. Those aren’t all 24ths. It autta look something like this:

Same (or similar) when it repeats obviously.

You should fix those things (the first can be overlooked if you prefer).

Eradication: Song choice is very poor here so it’d really take an incredible file (and a good cut) to get accepted. The pause above measure 25 seemed outta place and caused you to miss a following note. And those 24th drum hits above measure 41 should be 32nds. Some pitch errors too. Didn’t have to look further.

(N.T.M.) Every Time I die: My file obviously. I’d like to see what the other judges have to say though. Read me inside explaining measure 27.

(Scylaax + N.T.M.) Malicious Fingers: Fun file from the Xoon Minipack. Intro caused some layering troubles though.

Couldn’t review any more cuz I have work early tomorrow and gotta get to sleep. I should be able to do some more tomorrow though.

Also if there are any small changes that should be made I can always do them myself if the author doesn’t mind.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote