View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 09:01 PM   #9
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Global Leaderboard v3 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
"hi19hi19 please fix this file for us we're going to put it in as a 120 and it will be perfect for a tournament release"
"haha you put 12 hours of extra work into it and it turns out it wasn't a perfect tournament release, we lied to you for fun about the difficulty we wanted and now the people you designed the file for hate it"
"at least it's cool that people can play a really hard file on downrates and enjoy the spectacle of how insane it is, right? yeah we're going to make sure only like 10 people can play it from now on, get fucked"
If I were you I'd be honored that people went up to me to try and design a novelty file that breaks the barriers of comfort FFR has been constrained to for so long. It's sad to read this from a well known and respected stepartist. While I understand that some people do not like their file being rewards for tokens (and that the batch's checkboxes for release types should be respected), I can't help but feel like it's a good step in the direction of encouraging more top end players to participate on FFR and have their own, non-trivial achievements to go for.

Your file may not have been the greatest 120 there could ever be, but I'd be very damn surprised if even a handful of other stepartists could have managed to pull off a chart of this difficulty that is actually thought through. Kudos to you cornman, and I hope this doesn't deter you from contributing more awesome content to this game.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote