View Single Post
Old 09-4-2022, 11:44 AM   #9
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Describing stepping/mapping styles

Alright i've got about two issues with this thread.

1. Bmah's opening post, to me, reads like you're frustrated with the modern judges, because you're getting push back on your files more than you used to. But to your credit, you make a stronger effort to explain why you're frustrated and its an... Ok read at best, imho.

2. I think you're over simplifying charting styles. By a fair amount. (And I loathe your term choices.) But equally I disagree that FFR has a stigma against technical content. FFR judges have an issue stronger related to trying judge a file within the structure, rather than either of those styles. Which as the person subbing content is one of two issues, either I haven't executed to where it's very obvious, or I didn't add anything to lead them to my different charting style.

I don't even layer files. I pick a structure based on emphasizing sounds as I think they're important. In fact, my more basic files do worse than my more adventerous ones. In short, I prefer to chart based on emphasis and aiming for immersion rather than "technically accurate." My really simplified response is that maybe you should embrace the changes a little. Before I dipped out for a while I was really not willing to do that, but I luckily got some fortunate guidance.

But I dunno, maybe I rambled to much, or am being slightly more uncharitable than I mean to be.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote