View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 09:47 PM   #27
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Default Re: do you ever just play rhythm games in public

It's always interesting when you have a cab that isn't at an arcade (for example, the cab in this video used to be at a bar/restaurant that had a video game focus, then was moved to an "esports" place).

Video of me playing an ITG (in the groove) 13. ~four panel dance game ~

When it was at the bar (years ago), I would spend 15ish hours a week there (not on busy nights), usually showing up in workout clothes, a towel, etc. If I ever went on an event night (cosplay night/halloween/nothing but clothes party), I would dress up (for example, nothing but clothes party night, I made an outfit out of a garbage bag & two ribbons, wore a silver wig, platforms, etc), no one would recognize me, and sometimes I'd get to challenge an unsuspecting fella to a vs game. Let's say that never went well for anyone else

(Video for reference, ITG 13, Vanishing Point)

By the way, I don't recommend playing dance games in a plastic bag. Very sweaty ^0^/

Below images for contrast to the normal "dance game player" look. Wore these things to the bar, still played dance games, fooled some unsuspecting folk

I guess if it's worth anything, my highest ITG pass is one 15, OceanLab Megamix, which is just 15 minutes straight of 140BPM 16ths. Other than that, I'd say I max at 14's. No where near my friends, not even competitive in the dance game scene, but I'm ok with that.

Anywho, people crowded around on the busy nights, but I usually went on slow nights, since I was just there to work out/eat tasty food. Goal for the norm wasn't to get extra attention, but of course you're going to get the "wtf wow how do your feet move so fast" factor. That said, usually people would just ask "wow how long have you been playing" and occasionally the drunk dude who would stand right next to the cab screen and be like WOAH OMG CAN YOU KEEP GOING IF I PUT MY HAND HERE.

Anywho, dance games -- thumbs up. Good stuff.

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
I just made that up but it sounds good" ~alloyus~

Last edited by evanescence_death4ever; 08-28-2021 at 09:56 PM..
evanescence_death4ever is offline   Reply With Quote