View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #68
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Last Step Pack (Submissions Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I've reviewed a few files, they're just pending playtests. Which I'd have done this weekend, except I got sick enough to go see a doctor.

I'm slowly doing better now but that's the best update I can give you.
on this:

I'm now MUCH better, and my hearing is 100% back, which means I can review / playtest once again.

However, an issue for me that is coming up constantly, and I think it's fair enough to say it hinders the quality of reviews I'd like to have, is that often the file's submitted are falling outside of what I can physically play these days. (I've got a lot of skill decay due to not playing constantly.)

As such, I'd like to request someone to assist me in the play-testing department. This will both speed up reviews, and give simauthors more to work with, and give better reviews.

What I'd like to request:

- D5+ Skill level is a requirement. You don't need to AAA, AA or FC files, I just need to know that you're capable of actually playing them, and this is the range most files submitted fall into. There's some outliers, but you're comments will still have a much better structure to them than mine.
- The ability to write thoughts on how sections of the file flow and are constructed from a player perspective. (AKA I would like if you can write more than "the file flowed great and I enjoyed playing it." Comments such as "at 30.355 - 40.355 the jumpstreams camp the 3 and 4 a little more tightly than the rest and it causes a bit of a difficulty spike.")
- I would also like to request that you'd be willing to sift though the past songs I've already reviewed, and give them a replay for me to ensure my notes are fair, and because a second set of eyes never hurt anyone.

Note: You don't need to be someone who has made a file before. I think a pure player perspective is helpful here. Just being able to express your feelings clearly on how it plays and flows to you is what I am looking for.

Please PM me if you're interested either on here, or on discord.

This should speed up reviews in the long run I hope. I have not been the most reliable, and that needs to be addressed. Doing this means I don't need to playtest them myself immediately, and feedback can be posted sooner.

If I find someone who suits my needs for this, submissions will be changed to e-mail only so this person can grab the files at their own leisure, as I'm gone from home when most of you are awake.

I understand there's likely a person who's thinking "if you knew this might be a problem from the get-go why didn't you do this from the beginning" and you know, you aren't wrong.

Thanks guys for keeping interest in the project.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote