View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 02:19 AM   #18
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: In this thread we discuss animes desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Middie, I will definitely check out Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. It looked perhaps a little too moe for me, but then again Interviews did too and it turned out great so I'll give it a shot.
Interviews and Dragon Maid kinda both present them-self with a lot more moe, despite having some really nice and deep undertones.

Quote:
- One of my friends is straight up obsessed with Sword Art Online. He tried to get me to watch it and honestly, I hated it. Kirito is insufferable and the plot wasn't going anywhere.
I think there is a long healthy list of reasons why the only reason SAO is bad, is because of how it handles it's characters.

Kirito being OP isn't set up right. Sure ok he played the game a crap-ton and was a beta tester, but instead of giving us a bunch of tit shots later in the anime an episode setup on establishing Kirito's gamer mentality would have done the series a LOT more justice.

Quote:
I mostly like interesting, competent characters with complex motivations. I can't stand characters who are one-dimensional, especially those whose sole role is to be clueless and dumb aka every harem protagonist.
I don't think Kobayashi fits into having a complex motivation, but the way they handle her character is really top notch, because they made her pretty relate-able.

I love characters that aren't just there for service or to progress the plot, but a character that is explained well is always just nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidara837 View Post
Re:Creators - reverse isekai action Sci-Fi where fantasy world characters are dragged into the real world, looks at novelists/manga artists/anime producers etc. and their creations, antagonist MC is 12/10, soundtrack is incredible
Also loved this anime, but I don't think it's a good sell for a lot of people, and I'm still mad about that fucking recap episode that it REALLY didn't need.

Last edited by XelNya; 01-16-2018 at 02:20 AM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote