View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 01:27 AM   #17
Deidara837
For a New Beginning
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: In this thread we discuss animes desu

Beatless: Sci-Fi action/drama novel, AI-human coexistence society w/ questions about souls/emotion

Darling in the FranXX: Sci-Fi Mecha original, copilots vs robo-dinos, former prodigy MC + yandere(?) female lead

Death March: RPG isekai novel (on a scale from SAO to KonoSuba it's much closer to the latter fwiw), slice-of-life flavor, MC is accidentally super overleveled but still cautious etc.

How to Keep a Mummy: kawaii mummy just watch it

Overlord II: second season continuation

A Place Further Than The Universe: CGDCT Antarctica adventure

Violet Evergarden: another deservedly-hyped show alongside Darling, post-war new life w/ themes of self-discovery, meaning of love etc.

Laid-back Camp: relaxed camping/countryside slice-of-life (instant curry ramen never looked so appetizing)

Among my top favorites would be:

Blast of Tempest - fantastic twisted story with a Shakespearean flavor (The Tempest), love, hate, revenge, and magic wrapped up in a mystery drama w/ some classical music

Plastic Memories - AI romance with some drama, a timer, and an air of inevitability, starts punching you in the feels right from the beginning

Monogatari series - impeccably unique arc-based series, a mystery show at its core resolving each character's dealings with supernatural apparitions (oddities), their interactions with other characters, and self-development. Art style is quite abstract/surreal but you get used to it and it calms down after the first series. Stellar music too. Quite the journey but worth every minute
Roadmap and timeline because otherwise it's hella confusing to follow

Re:Creators - reverse isekai action Sci-Fi where fantasy world characters are dragged into the real world, looks at novelists/manga artists/anime producers etc. and their creations, antagonist MC is 12/10, soundtrack is incredible

K Project - elements of Sci-Fi, fantasy, and mystery, "kings" control supernatural powers and lead their own clans in post-modern Japan, throw in ongoing war, a murder mystery, and a bunch of tight knit groups of characters, and a gorgeous soundtrack that I can only describe as a semi-classical EDM beat tape

Steins;Gate - everyone knows this show in all of its time travel glory but if you haven't watched it you're missing out so just do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I mostly like interesting, competent characters with complex motivations. I can't stand characters who are one-dimensional, especially those whose sole role is to be clueless and dumb aka every harem protagonist. I don't know, maybe I'm too picky or something.
If you like complex characters Blast of Tempest is the best thing I can suggest, the first 3-4 eps should give a general feel, then the plot starts snowballing and before I knew it I was halfway through the show. Each of the main characters is quite deep, even if they play their role to a fault (which is kind of on purpose considering what the show is based on)

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet

Last edited by Deidara837; 01-16-2018 at 02:30 AM..
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote