View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 11:04 PM   #11
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: In this thread we discuss animes desu

I don't watch much animu but I recently had to spend 36 hours in airplanes so I watched all of Shokugeki no Soma.
Kinda skipped over most of the foodgasm scenes (they were a little over the top usually, though I did stop and actually watch the end of Megumi vs. Ryo when I realized it was a Jojo reference lmfao) but I love the characters and the cooking tips and recipes are actually totally legit and cool to learn from.

Yesterday I was sick and in bed all day so I watched all of Interviews With Monster Girls. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be so wonderful and wholesome. Such a happy and feels-good way to pass the time while sick. Does anyone have any other recommendations for such lighthearted and pure anime?

Outside some childhood Pokemon and DBZ, and a few episodes of Fairy Tail and Jojo, the only other anime I've watched is Noragami. I knew a bit about Shinto mythology from a class I took in college, so it was cool to understand some of the references to the cosmology and the religious culture (even though I'm sure there was much I missed), and the characters were pretty interesting. Especially Bishamon. Bishamon is best mom. Plus the eyes were goddamn gorgeous, I would gladly watch an entire episode that was just eye shots from Noragami tbh.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 01-15-2018 at 11:24 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote