Old 07-9-2016, 03:12 AM   #58
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament Round 2 Files

my thoughts:

Boooring!
- song: Sorry Assertive, but I really dislike this song purely based on the MLP lyrics. It's grating.
- chart: I can't make the joke that this file is boring, because it actually isn't (well done AJ). I found it surprising that 16ths were already occurring in D1 at this degree of frequency.

I'm Alive (Jarvis Remix)
- song: Certainly sounds like a song Xiz would step. Not bad, but a bit repetitive.
- chart: You know what's tricky? Not the 12ths and the minijacks. It's maintaining your accuracy for the 8th jacks then the 16th trill drum roll! Nice chart overall.

GIN TONIC FLAVOR
- song: I like the steady beat of this song. Really loved the drum solo too. But the song kinda dragged on a bit...one too many chorus sections methinks.
- chart: This file has variety, from the white arrows going to the disc scratches, to the 16th note vocal sampling, to the fantastic drum solo. Love this chart, with exception to the fact that it drags on a bit.

Shade of Gloria
- song: Has the sort of tacky but still interesting quality that defines many BMS songs. Lots of 16ths and embellishments. Feels slightly long for my tastes.
- chart: The layering is pretty simple, so it feels like some sections are pretty empty, while the 16th sections are nice streams to play. Decent chart, and it could've certainly been interpreted with more layering.

Divinity Garden
- song: Felt generic at first, but the song grew on me the more I listened to it. Now I like it.
- chart: It's hi19's time to shine in the Flesvelka spotlight. Except this file is arguably plagued with even more sections to mess up. The file itself is pretty well-structured, but some of the 48th patterns are just aids to hit because they're jumptrill-unfriendly. Overall a file I really enjoy playing casually, but not so if aiming for a AAA.

Diamanté Spectrasplosion
- song: Particularly enjoyed the bass in this typical Blitz Lunar song. Also short and sweet.
- chart: I thought it was pretty well-stepped, but I must be the only one bitching about the 124134 patterns for the 32nds in two sections of the song. It's really awkward, much like the ending of Ketsarku Mozgalom is terribly awkward with the same patterns on 24ths.

You’re gonna love my nuts
- song: I get a chuckle from listening to this meme song. But damn, it's a rather long song.
- chart: Plays like a slightly nicer Reizoko file, compared to the other ones already on FFR. Fortunately it seems like most of the hard sections are in the first half, with the second half being less difficult. But it drags on and on.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote