View Single Post
Old 06-1-2016, 05:28 PM   #21
gameboy42690
=/
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Stepping Stones of StepMania 3 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann View Post
And a shoutout to Gameboy##### for your help on that collab (even though it's mostly your file now ). It was so much fun and you gave me lots of ideas and insight.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to collab! You picked an awesome song and it was a fun one to step (although in retrospect I could have done a little less copy&paste, whoops).

(played only the highest difficulty unless I say otherwise)

4 Walls: I didn't really mind the copy&paste at the end, but I do agree with Arntonach that the holds got a little weird sometimes. The polyrhythms all technically correct but I think they were a little awkward at times.

A Baptist Church In Georgia: There were a few times where the pitch relevancy was a bit backwards, but other than that the file plays pretty well.

Butterfly Joe: That last note could have totally been another hand! (EDIT: Nevermind, if it's actually a single note being played on the piano then the last note is fine.) Nitpicking aside though I liked this one a lot.

Byzantium: Cool file, way better marathon than Pistolero

Cafe Terrace Polka: <3

Carry The Blessed Home: Yeah, this one's not doing it for me. Too slow and draggy in my opinion.

Chicken Head: Similarly to 4 Walls, some of the grace notes and polyrhythms felt a little awkward to me sometimes (but again they're all technically correct otherwise). Despite that though there's some really fun moments in this file.

Cyllage City: I forgot how good the Cyllage City theme was! Great file, too bad it's so damn short.

Glitch Nerds: Fun minijacks!

Gokusaishiki: That beginning is very rough and honestly kinda BS if you ask me. After that it's not so bad though.

Highscore: I thought the 32nd runningman in the first quarter of the file was awkward, but otherwise I liked this file.

Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When: I really didn't like the holds during the first jumpstream. They made things kinda awkward. The trill section I thought was boring and could have benefited from either layering the drums or the bass guitar. I looked at the same part on Hard just to compare how you stepped it vs. the more difficult chart chart, and actually it's quite a bit worse due to the holds which don't even go to anything for the first half. Otherwise... eh, it's really not the most fun I've ever had playing jumpstream, unfortunately.

Hua Sui Yue: Uhh... Those trills were terrible to play. I don't know if the trills are 100% accurate or not (can't be bothered to look in depth) but I hated playing the Edit chart. The one-handed trill at the end is especially bad. Hard is much better; it's decent enough but something about it just feels kinda off to me.

Kyuusei Argyos: Alright for the most part, but those 32nds I thought were a pretty big difficulty spike.

Little Too Close: I'm confused, what exactly are those 16th gallops in the beginning going to? Besides that, I don't know what to think of this file. It's interesting, but I don't really like the heavy emphasis on anchors.

Logic Agent: Not bad at all, but I really think you should have cut the song.

Mega V: Song is called Mega V... Song is from the Pokemon X & Y OST... Graphics don't feature a single mega evolution. Huh. Anyways, the 12th stream doesn't make that much sense. I can hear what it is you're stepping, but just barely. It's drowned out by everything else so I really think you should have left those 12ths out.

My Friend Mudkip: Was this file ridiculously off-beat for anyone else? Once I got it synced it was a pretty solid file, although it took forever just to end. Also I didn't really like having a long hold at the same time there was a 32nd trill, I thought that was kinda dumb but maybe that's just me.

OppIrish: One of the songs I was most forward to playing. (As a matter of fact since I stepped the Gypsycore Remix for FFR I was thinking of stepping this version too. :P) Unfortunately it was pretty disappointing. A lot of the 16ths you stepped sound much closer to 12ths and 24ths than 16ths. It's really hard to enjoy this file when everything feels so off.

Pistolero: Waaaay too long! I mean, it's well-stepped all things considered, but it's way too long of a file.

(more to come eventually)

Last edited by gameboy42690; 06-2-2016 at 05:20 PM..
gameboy42690 is offline   Reply With Quote