View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #7
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2015 January/February Set 2

Heya guys, doing this one at a time again!!!

Caffeine, that's in my caffeine!

Wow

I agree with Gold Stinger, this file is MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I love everything about it. The jump trills, the hands everywhere, the nod towards how Grocery Escape Plan was layered.

MMM, MMM, MMM!

However...

Dear lord my good sir, make those patterns a bit readable? I don't know, do something about it. I would maybe suggest not color it... but I suppose you were going for the caffeine bonus stage with it.

I really dun know, but I would really love to see something changed about that.

It's perfect, as far as I can tell, otherwise.

Workin' on dis one still, hold on.

Ma-ri-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is a very VERY long file and it never picks up in difficulty either. That's right, we got I think 8 or whatever minutes of easy stuff in this file!

There's nothing inherently wrong with it, per-say. But if I were you, I would definitely (somehow) attempt to cut this beast so it's not a long easy file, because no one likes that (including new players, I would know, I was one of them many moons ago!)

Pretty much it. Oh, there's some spikes here and there, but I don't think you need to change those up... unless you decide to NOT cut it that is.

So if you don't wanna cut it, there's instances (mostly at the end) where the file throws some patterns a beginner player (I'm assuming this is the target player for this chart) would get flustered and mess up. I'd probably tone those patterns down just a tad.

I can gif if the stepper requests where. It's pretty much the last 1/4 of the file where I'm talking about.

Maria is a bitch

Let me preface this...

I'm gonna be honest with you, bro.

...This file, is not the best in the world. It's got a looooong road to become something great, unfortunately.

I thought the beginning pretty good, but then it feels like you lost the drive? I mean in the beginning, you clearly stepped a lot of the background 16ths. But as the file progressed, you started to ignore them, and make questionable burst patterns (and that 32nd trill, wat)

Anyways...

So, this roll you got here ends in a hand. I know there's some charts on FFR that do that too but... eeeeeh... I feel like this doesn't call for a hand.

Oh my god... you best change this because this will NEVER get accepted to FFR like this, bucko!!!

Try roll-y bursts that you were doing in the beginning instead!

And this is... uh... I don't even, but change this too, OR ELSE

And this is just unplayable.

Overall, those are essentially the huge NO NO'S in this file. The rest of the problems lie within the lack of notes in some sections. Missing 16ths and all that jazz.

I'd probably comb through the entire file ago if I were yoooooou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 01-30-2016 at 06:12 PM..