View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 04:36 AM   #5
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe
Default Re: 2015 January/February Set 2

7/10 pass

Very fast patterms at the beginning and near the end, and I am afraid the the song is a bit slow in other places to keep the song interesting enough to play, but this is not for me to decide really. The song is not very flowy, but neither is the music so ok. Technically the file is ok, so it's a pass.

Diff ~83

5/10 not pass

Nice to see this song here. With small changes would be very much better.
- Jumpjack at M42 a bit sudden and maybe too hard.
- I was thinking of difficulty 66 when we came to M55-M56, which is a huge difficulty peak. I'm afraid that the difficulty peak is too much to make the song enjoyable to play for both high and low level players. Likewise for M71 and M72, but this is clearly easier.
What I suggest is to change M55-M56 in a very much easier form. M71 and M72 could be the hardest part of the song near the end, but it could be a bit easier too.

Diff 78

-/10 DUH
This song is not finished or it has a really artistic ending. Promising, tho!

5/10 not pass

The song is WAY too long and easy to keep me interested throughout it. And even if you would cut like 75% off of it, I see that this should be a song with a lot of color notes, but we see mostly 4ths and 8ths. I don't know is it just me but a lot of the arrows feel off. The hardest thing in playing this song is staying focused because of the length and simple pattern layering.

Diff 30-35

4.5/10 not pass

Nice and energetic song. The stepfile reminds me of In My Eyes from Eggman. The problem with the steps is that the song in most parts is fairly easy, but it has INSANE difficulty peaks which are completely unjustified:
- M41 and M61 burst, the hand could be just a jump.
- Before M81 the bursts are generally quite nice.
- Trillbursts in M81, M83 and M84, NOPE! Maybe rolls instead?
- M138 this pattern will make even D7 players piss blood.
- M141 this is, well quite challenging. Reconsider this if you try again with this file.
- M159 burst - that hand again.
- M173-M174 ....NNNNNGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Diff 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.