View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 08:23 PM   #105
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: ATTN: FFRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
I have no idea how viable this would be, but if the staff knew what they wanted as a finished product and created a step-by-step game plan of what exactly needs to be coded and implemented and in what order then could there be a job posting board of some sort
I have some ideas of my own. I can detail them in this thread as to what exactly they are in technical terms, if that would be appropriate. I'm not so sure it is right now, because first things first.

Quote:
where calls for help on specific tasks could be posted and people could contribute without having to actually sign on as a full fledged staff member?
Using Github for issue tracking solves this problem for the most part. The repository owners can post open issues and close them as pull requests are made to complete them.

Quote:
Credits and event tokens as rewards probably wouldn't be enough, but if there was cash up for grabs then maybe people from outside of FFR's pool of capable contributors might be interested?
I'm not sure that a paid bounty is even needed at this point in time to get contributors. Just open sourcing it should be enough I think (it looks good on developer resumes to show github activity!). If it isn't then this idea could be discussed at a later date.

Last edited by Fission; 02-20-2015 at 08:23 PM..