View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 12:34 AM   #16
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor
Default Re: I'm gonna be driving for 13 hours. Give me albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
Sleep - Dopesmoker
I'm a huge fan of stoner metal wow i have never said anything more obvious in my life wow anyway yeah I love sleep but I just can't do dopesmoker. it's too much for me. even when i'm blowed as shit its overpowering. but that's it's appeal- it's visceral. it gets you by your shit and doesn't let go. and i guess that's what's made it such a mainstay of the genre such to the point that people are trying to rip it off decades after its creation.

Quote:
The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
another album of impenetrable length, but the polar opposite of dopesmoker. in fact actually can i call it that? is this album The Literal Opposite Of Dopesmoker? I guess it is. Anyway this isn't really my jam but i feel it. lmao 69
Quote:
Ween - The Pod
Ween - The Crucial Squeegie Lip
FUCKING WEEN
JESUS
i dunno how ween made it. i dunno how they got signed but they did ah man ah jeeze good for them i'm glad they're successful. hell yeah. shoutouts to ween.

Quote:
Bangs - Hard To Be Up
i'm sure you wanted a serious review of this so wait till i'm sober and i might be detached enough to do a legit one

Quote:
Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician
perfect example of a bad trip album. also really sad that butthole surfers fell as hard as they did considering they're capable of masterpieces like this

Quote:
The Beach Boys - Smiley Smile and Wild Honey (with bonus tracks) (This is a compilation of two very short albums)
the beach boys were cool as hell and the beatles suck ass get at me

Quote:
Lightning Bolt - Lightning Bolt with Zone
LIGHTNIG BOLT AH MAN
lightning bolt is like the audio form of getting too drunk and fucking loving it and i love everything they touch ah man ah jeeze

Quote:
Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music
pretentious bullshit wankery lou reed made as a joke but i love it

Quote:
The Flaming Lips - Zaireeka ONLY if you have 8 speakers and 4 devices that can play music available
fuck you
Quote:
Blood On The Dance Floor - Epix
fuck you
Quote:
BrokenCYDE - Not a Fan, But the Kids Like It!
fuck you
Quote:
Sonny - Gypsyhook
actually out of all the scene kid shit this is the most listenable because skrillboy's got some sleeper production skill in him even if he spends most of his time now making 15 versions of the same song from 2012

Apator - Masturbate in Praise of Black Satan
Melvins - Colossus of Destiny
Snivlem - Prick

these three look like metal and i'll get back to them later i actually re-upped on some tabs and you got me listenin to dopethorone

Quote:
Mike Patton - Adult Themes for Voice
I could write you a fucking essay on everything amazing about this album but here it is in short: mike patton the funky metal big boy stops jumping around for 5 seconds to make goat noises and masturbate into a microphone and it's good

Quote:
Beck - Golden Feelings
i think this is like the ONE beck album I have never, in all my years of being a fan of his, even having listened to a shitload of his demo tapes, actually listened to. is this the one with the weird spirally cover? hold up. nah i'm thinking of Stereopathetic Soulmanure. never listened to that one. anyway this one's good.

Quote:
Animal Collective - Danse Manatee
Animal Collective - Hollinndagain
"I hate animal collective" I said, while currently being on a lot of acid
I just don't get it dude. I liked strawberry jam when i was in high school and experimenting with drugs more and fucking SHIT now i'm getting flashing visuals of anthony fantano's youtube avatar this is YOUR FUCKING FAULT you piece of shit lmao

Quote:
Brainiac - Hissing Prigs in Static Couture
by pure fucking coincidence i actually downloaded this and listened to it on the drive because i'd been meaning to for a while after someone said death grips might've sampled them and Oh Wow Oh Jeeze It's Obnoxious Lightning Bolt Energy Mixed With Mike PAtton Weird And Harsh Noise Where Has THis BEEN All My Life

Quote:
Anal Cunt - It Just Gets Worse
anal cunt is a band with a lot of technical skill wasted by a guy who has comedic sensibilities so dated i'm pretty sure he had fetal alcohol poisoning

everything else was either regulated to the category of "fuck you" or i didn't have time for it but will gladly revisit if you want
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

Last edited by t-rogdor; 01-10-2015 at 12:36 AM..
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote