View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:11 AM   #18
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Should we consider double setup "legit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
Well, I kinda don't think spread scores should really "count" for files that are clearly meant as fast pad charts. I'd rather see someone like Etienne or Vertex (rip) wreck 300bpm padstream with index than see someone like Staiain blast through the chart without difficulty - and I'd rather consider the index score the real record, with the spread score being an "oh yeah, also..." thing.

Same idea with playing xmod charts on cmod, the real best scores should be xmodded, and a cmod score is just for fun, or because you want to see what you'd get.
see how this loops back around to what i'm saying though? if we consider double setup legit, we could potentially open the door to new fun files for doublesetup. it may or may not be fun to do on spread similar to how a lot of files nowadays aren't fun to play index, but that's a given.

i don't think it's much to ask that double setup become a legit. it feels like we're closing off the doors to a whole new realm of possibility, if this truely became a thing people might even be able to play or transition into 8k, or 6k or whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Add Raw Scoring.
Move RATO and Death Piano to Legacy Tokens.
Remove vrofl, Party4u v1, TWWW and Crowdpleaser.

Now that this has been done, explain to me why someone would want to use double setup.
I've already spoken my mind on it but here i go again:

It opens a new realm of possibility for insane scores and it wouldn't be easy to master.
It's not saying that everyone has to convert to DS, but that it should be a playstyle that is acceptable similar to how spread came to be. People can still play index, one hand, and spread and dish out cool scores, but then we also have this!
People may push scoring to a whole new level. (and spread would still be competitive)
It opens up new ideas that could be fun for a new playstyle, including charts.
It may make it easy to transition to 8k or 6k play having the muscle memory already somewhat in place, if that's something that you're interested in.
Why not? It could be fun.

So far I've been able to parallel every reason to not consider DS legit with a reason to consider it legit. I found qqwref's argument interesting that it would ruin the game, when obviously spread didn't ruin it, opening up a whole lot of things that wouldn't have been possible before. AND everyone gets to play what they like.

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 12-28-2014 at 12:23 AM..
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote