Old 05-4-2014, 02:39 PM   #11
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: Satanic Monument for OK Statehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
well i mean all the us constitution says is that the government must treat all religions equally. there isnt anything that demands a separation of church and state, that's a phrase used to loosely describe the situation.

basically it's all about where the line is. according to law, there really shouldnt be a problem with a statue of the ten commandments outside a courthouse, as long as every religion has the same opportunity. it's why the satanists can do what they're doing, because in this case that is adherence to the constitution. but i guess disallowing any kind of iconography on public property is another way to deal with the situation, but it is no more legal than open access.

all the first amendment does is prevent one religion from being set apart from the rest, for good or for ill.
Wouldn't disallowing the display of any iconography be in violation of the free exercise clause?
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote