View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: This guy's photography

I do appreciate those compositions. They are visually striking. At first sight, I doubt he create them in order to convey any specific concept. They're surrealist for the sake of being surrealist. (maybe I'm not putting enough thought about those, anyway)

I thought about asking him to write a bit more about his compositions, about his creative process and everything. He has a good style he can work with. I would just prefer he could spend more time thinking about the meaning of his work instead of spending it on building a complex photo-manipulation.

@Spenner : nice analysis. From what I understand, he stated earlier that he's heavily editing his photos :

Quote:
You’ve mentioned on a few occasions that Phlearn has helped you with your photography/editing skills. Can you tell us a little about that?

Yeah, I’ve been a big fan of Phlearn for almost a year now. I usually check back a couple times a week to see what new videos are up. My favorite is Aaron’s video on drawing shadows, I thought it was really helpful!

http://phlearn.com/phlearn-interviews-kyle-thompson
Looks like people (and him) are just saying it's "photography" because it's the primary medium, or at least, the main one. What irks me instead is how people praise him like he's the only guy in the world that can do this like he's the innovator of the movement. It's been done before, as soon as the 1920s.
And, there's tons of people doing this kind of art around.

Last edited by noname219; 11-14-2013 at 02:03 AM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote