View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
axith
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Favourite(s) soft drink

There's a local store that sells a ton of different soft drinks (always in bottles), candies, and pop culture signs/posters. After buying roughly 100 different bottles from there, here's my picks.

Favorite soft drinks:
Maine Root Ginger Brew: Nearly $2.50 a bottle but I love the stuff. (They also have a great root beer)
Virgil's Root Beer: Most complex root beer I've ever tasted. I don't have the proper vocabulary to describe it. (Virgil's has great soft drinks in general).
An Australian ginger beer that I don't remember the brand of: Awesome biting ginger flavor from this.

Soft drinks I won't buy again:
Moxie: Why was this popular? Someone please help me describe a flavor profile for this. It's so bizarre.
Spruce Beer: I'm ok with stuff brewed with tree bark. Birch Beer isn't too bad, but Spruce Beer tastes like drinking a Christmas tree.
Ancient Cola from Journey: Most disappointing soft drink purchase ever. It was completely flat, thick and syrupy. The spices in it weren't bad. Reviews I read mentioned "too much fizz". My first bottle had no fizz so I bought a second bottle from a different place and found that bottle to be just as un-fizzy as the first.
Bacon soda: sounds interesting at first, but there are some things bacon should not touch. The PB&J soda was better.

Last edited by axith; 08-20-2013 at 02:50 PM..
axith is offline   Reply With Quote