justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Facebook and FFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluvs View Post
will this ever happen? Like really?
Will the page ever be active? Yes. I'm not going to give up on getting that page active, and to be honest if we have to start a new one because the people running the other one are nowhere to be found, then maybe that's the best option.

Will the engine on facebook ever happen? I'm not sure. I'm working on figuring out what it requires to get the engine itself running as an app externally hosted, then from there it takes setting up a facebook page. If I had access to the actual FFR Facebook page the next step would be setting up an app tab FOR the page, so that users could play on there. Loading a separate (smaller) playlist for the app is completely do-able, and once that all runs it just comes down to whether or not we want to integrate a few scores tables into the facebook app so that people will play it, get bored of the few songs, and move to FFR to become better at the game and keep playing. It's not a short process, but I think it is do-able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
I think the main reason that FFR The Game has stayed off of FB is because it doesn't monetize well. Or at the very least, it doesn't lend itself to microtransactions, except maybe in the case of support tokens.
We don't have to make money from it. To be honest a totally free app is the only kind of app I really enjoy on facebook, and even so it will still attract users to play the game, and eventually (hopefully) transfer over to FFR.

I will say though that if we could redefine permissions and contact artists with songs in game to see which would be okay with monetization, then it would be even easier to host a better functioning FFR app on Facebook. It's free to a certain point, but we all know Facebook is just out to make money when it comes to apps/games.

edit: If anyone knows anything about hosting an app on Facebook and wants to try to help me, send me a PM. If you don't really know anything about it though I ask that you stand back and wait for the time being because while I could use help, I don't know what I'm doing either and it's a learning process. So I can't really use help on this unless someone knows what they are doing. :3 lol

Last edited by justin_ator; 04-10-2013 at 12:30 PM..
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote