View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 5 years and my personal struggles

I was pretty stupid with alcohol from when I was 19 until about last year (almost 23). It wasn't so much me drinking small amounts every night as it was going out and getting black-out drunk ~4 times a week. I think most of it was the environment I was in (all my uni friends were drunks too), but on top of that, alcohol turns me into a pretty big idiot so it wasn't good for me either way.

I think for the most part I've just grown up and realized what's more important. Focusing on my relationship with my gf helps a ton especially since she doesn't drink at all. Plus I've been so busy with school I don't really get the chance to go out much. I still can't seem to find my stopping point whenever I drink though and always go over board, so it's still an issue for sure.

You're still young as it is. But as long as you find something to keep you busy and motivated that is more important to you than drinking, you'll be fine

ps. the 'drink less' strategy didn't and doesn't work for me. It works for a little while but eventually I'll have a night where I over-do it and it just escalates again. Works for some but not all.

Last edited by Dynam0; 03-18-2013 at 03:00 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote