View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad
Default Re: 5 years and my personal struggles

I've been in your boat my friend, although we haven't had the pleasures of meeting one another I'm still glad to share my experiences with you.

Alcohol is very easy to turn to when you're frustrated, I'm sure everyone on this site has turned to the bottle whenever they're down. Now it seems you at least have your feet planted and building up again. Getting another job that you seem to be excelling at is a very good step, the only thing that's preventing you from doing much more is your alcoholism I presume. And you have seem to have complete control over when you can stop and when you can't. Take the rest of your life in accord, you seem to be rather young, and have a strive. Stick to your aspirations, leave yourself notes and try to constantly remind yourself where you want to be when you turn 30 or so. This will help in the sense that when you look at these reminders hopefully you'll look at the glass of scotch or can of beer in your hand and wonder why you're still drinking when you should be doing such and such. Maybe try to organize your life more. Not trying to say you don't to an extent, but maybe instead of trying to quit drinking completely, just cut it out of your normal every day activities and maybe plan an outing with a friend or family member.

Like I've said before I was in the same boat with you. Early my sophomore year of high school I had a lot of depression issues and I was nearly drinking every morning for about a good 5-6 months. Sure my problem still lingers, but I try not to let it affect my work ethics.

Really hope everything works out for you my friend, it's hard to see anyone succumb to alcoholism, but it's heartwarming seeing someone trying to reach out for a hand to grab, best of luck, I'm sure you're more than strong enough to bounce around.