View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #25
axith
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: What are your thoughts on EBT/Food stamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.A. View Post
Also, insurance companies and banks take more of your money than any welfare system ever will. The percentage of welfare money that's actually yours is so low that it's negligible.
For all I care, the entirety of what I pay into the system goes to one person. Breaking the portion of the taxes I pay yearly into several millions of chunks makes it sound just fine. 1/500,000th of a penny doesn't sound like much. Though one month of welfare/disability for a guy using said money to buy smokes and alcohol annoys the hell out of me. I'm not quoting precise numbers. I realize I don't have control over the way the money is spent.

I have known people on both ends of the welfare scheme. I know people that use medicade for their profit, use their foodstamps to pay people in food, and use whatever they get from disability/welfare to buy alcohol. I also know people that use the system to get up from a low point in their lives, and that, I don't have any problem with at all.

@spitfire That system sounds pretty good to me.

Edit: I should say that I know more people in the 'used government help to work themselves out a a low point' category than the 'living on the system' category.

Last edited by axith; 02-27-2013 at 03:10 PM..
axith is online now   Reply With Quote