View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
C.I.A.
Banned

Default Re: What are your thoughts on EBT/Food stamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Have you considered that the poor are getting poorer because the government keeps throwing them more freebies? What incentive to people have to try harder if they keep having scraps thrown to them. I have never seen a person come into my store using EBT looking like they were trying to move up in the world. I see the same people now as I did 6 months ago, and they are still buying the exact same things, and not trying to make any sort of effort into trying to get out of the hole they dug themselves into.

And also, did you really say how they get their money is none of my business?

It's 100% my business considering it's partially my money their spending.
They are no facts to back up your claim that people are getting poorer because they get welfare.

"What incentive to people have to try harder if they keep having scraps thrown to them."

You make light of the struggle of millions of Americans who work full-time minimum wage jobs and still can barely get by. A lot of these people can't get a better job than the one they have, they're stuck in a system that doesn't benefit them. a system where insurance companies and banks prosper while the lower segments of society work their asses off. The CEO's don't do all of the work, the lower classes do. the lower classes are the muscle that make our society work. the rich have subjugated them and made them into mere slaves, throwing them scraps from their lofty penthouse suites. The system is designed to benefit the rich, they make more money than they deserve. its a messed up system and for you to blame those in poverty is pretty disgusting.

Also, insurance companies and banks take more of your money than any welfare system ever will. The percentage of welfare money that's actually yours is so low that it's negligible.
C.I.A. is offline   Reply With Quote