View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What are your thoughts on EBT/Food stamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry DB View Post
I was homeless for a few months, came in pretty handy and I definitely bought health food. I wasn't going to sit around and starve, if I had to I would of just stolen food, foodstamps helps many people not have to make that choice. Everybody's situation is different but people really need to stop hating on each other for everything.
i agree and im glad that the system worked how it was supposed to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry DB View Post
I see more people get mad about helping out your fellow human then people getting mad about the U.S.'s ridiculous budget for military. We focus way too much on our differences and hatred rather then our similarities and love for each other. Sure there are going to be lazy people who will take advantage, but they have a low quality life as it is and that is pretty fair. Anyone who is envious or angry about someone getting a few hundred bucks to LIVE on is a programmed asshole in my opinion.
no, the poor in america still dont have a poor quality of life compared to other countries. call me a programmed asshole because i dont want to pay for some chain smoker's cigarettes. id rather pay for bread.