View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: What are your thoughts on EBT/Food stamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.A. View Post
not really. perhaps you should read more about how wealth is distributed in America, you'd find out that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, just like they would with any other president. i really have disdain for people like you; people who only criticize the president because of his political affiliation, parroting what they hear on TV as if it is fact. There is a lot wrong with the president and how the country is run, but you only seem to be focused on political bullshit. you discredit the people who criticize the president for legitimate reasons
Have you considered that the poor are getting poorer because the government keeps throwing them more freebies? What incentive to people have to try harder if they keep having scraps thrown to them. I have never seen a person come into my store using EBT looking like they were trying to move up in the world. I see the same people now as I did 6 months ago, and they are still buying the exact same things, and not trying to make any sort of effort into trying to get out of the hole they dug themselves into.

And also, did you really say how they get their money is none of my business?

It's 100% my business considering it's partially my money their spending.

@Jerry: It seems like you also missed the part where I said Im all for EBT if it's used properly, and you arent spending all of your actual income on Tobacco, alcohol, and hundreds of dollars in lottery tickets.