View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Procrastination and getting out of it

I procrastinate hard if I stay home which means I typically head back to the university at night if I have homework to do. My schedule is admittedly quite insane, too, so putting off assignments would be the end of me. I just think of all the things I can do after I'm done everything! (which never happens because there's always something etc. pessimism <3)

When the weekend comes, my Friday nights are usually devoted to something other than school (unless I've got something planned with friends on Saturday or Sunday). I get most of my work done on Sundays, where I head to the university yet again and find a comfortable, open space to work and people-watch (the people-watching is a necessary momentary distraction for those times where I just need to stare into space).

I also listen to a lot of music -- typically whatever I can play loudly and tap my feet to while studying. It keeps me in the zone and wards off anyone who can't handle a grooving stranger in their work area.

And I often have healthier snacks with me, along with my travel mug. That way I don't have my mind on my stomach at inopportune times, and water fountains are always nearby if I need to stretch my legs and refill the tank. Might I add, bathroom breaks happen to be an excellent time to think about a particular question on your assignment (or a thought in your essay, or whatever you're working on).

This post is about as lengthy as my post in the study thread a while back... goddamn. Anyhow, a decent amount of what I said there applies here anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
It's almost as if people have not evolved from the high school mentality and think going into college automatically means maturing.
Holy hell this too. Study groups can be an effective way to enjoy reviewing material or discussing assignments, but not when people seem to think that the answers are just being handed out or that every single Facebook update they're getting on their phone is more important than the interactions with the present company. These reasons are why I avoid studying with most people... I feel like I've accepted the dedication required for university while certain others are, or need to be, constantly pummelled by reality. /rant

Last edited by smartdude1212; 01-30-2013 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: I'm bitter.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote