Old 12-8-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: Value of the credit and credit sinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
I think reducing the number of credits required for secret songs, and then permanently unlocking them when you 'personally' gain (through playing) the number of credits required to unlock them. That way people will not feel obligated to hold on to their credits early on, which caused the 'hoarding' motion in the first place.
So permanent unlock of Max Forever when you hit 2006 credits in the bank even if you dip below that number? Seems legit.

I would personally go for the idea of having to pay credits to play harder songs. This has a number of advantages:

-Forces newbies to build up to the harder stuff
-Credit sink per game (perhaps even per mid-level restart!)
-Got a random miss? Keep going, time to do some damage control!

To avoid catching unskilled newbies in catch-22 situations, easier songs (perhaps 10 and under) won't have credit costs.

Because you have to pay to play, then get your credits back (and then some) for a good combo score, building up to the big purchases like Holy Orders will be much more difficult. This also means that the cost per song would have to be adjusted to the specific song's note count to allow people to "turn a profit" on long combos.

Last edited by igotrhythm; 12-8-2012 at 02:17 PM..
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote