View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default External Hard Drive

So I have a Seagate 1TB Backup Plus Portable external hard drive. It's been working great, etc. Never been dropped, not that old, etc.

Today I went to plug it in and noticed that instead of the solid white light that generally shows when it is connected, it was a blinking white light. My computer isn't recognizing the device as connected, and I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it.

I have tried all the USB ports on my computer multiple times, and it wouldn't connect to my friend's laptop at all (her computer ports are kinda bipolar though, so that may not mean anything). Going into
Code:
Start -> (rightclick Computer) -> Manage -> Storage -> Disk Management
isn't recognizing it either. I tried using her usb plug from her external with mine, and I got the same issue still.

I've read online a few places that it could have been a power supply issue, but since it's USB powered I don't see why that would become an issue all of a sudden when it was working perfectly fine yesterday. I literally have never done anything to it that could have caused it to break, so I don't really know where this came from. No updates have been applied, or anything, so I'm not really sure. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

In all honesty I would probably have just taken it back to where I got it and seen if my warranty would replace it, BUT... I have over 7000 songs and a TON of important personal files and programs on it that I can't lose... including some school stuff. I'm happy to give more info or whatever if it's needed.
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote