View Single Post
Old 10-9-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3
Default Re: My Sister Needs a Car

I live in the town of Lebanon along with the whole family, my sister is 20 miles away in Corvallis. Corvallis is known as a "bike city," there are bicycles freaking everywhere, to the point where it's a bit scary to drive there because many of the bike riders don't obey the rules of the road.

My sister gets along fine with a bike for the most part because her apartment is less than 5 minutes by bike from school and work. But she insists that she wants a car because she comes back home to help out and to visit every two weeks or so. Lately she's been doing that either by riding a series of buses or by driving her roommate's car that is literally falling apart.

So yeah, it was her idea, not mine. It's just that she knows nothing at all about cars so I'm helping her out, but I'm definitely no expert.

As far as the mechanical costs of the car, she knows a few people, myself included, who can help her out with the little things. Obviously things like major engine and transmission repair are going to be out of our hands and will be expensive, but that can happen with any car, especially if it wasn't well maintained. That's why I'm helping her out to find a well-maintained used car, because if I don't she will inevitably buy somebody's blown out Civic. :P

Last edited by Crashfan3; 10-9-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Crashfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote