View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #23
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: [4-key Pack] hi19hi19's Non-Stepman Music Pack [Submissions Open]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Will there be any exceptions for the number of stepcharts we must use if the song is very long? I do remember GD giving some exceptions to long songs on his FFR Community Packs; in those cases, said steppers stepped only one chart. Just curious as to what you think about that.

(the song I'm thinking of stepping is exactly 5 minutes and it probably isn't going to be one bpm and go; syncing's probably going to be difficult)
I would strongly suggest you try making another chart anyway.
If there really is nothing else you can step except your chart, see if you can find someone to collab with you on another chart. I bet there's lots of people out there who would love a fully synced song to try stepping their way.

I'm having that problem with Giant Steps right now actually, there isn't much except the sax in that song haha (and it's nearly 5 minutes because something in me doesn't want to cut this masterpiece even though I know I eventually will)
But I'm making an easier chart by stepping the piano chords instead. So I think there's always something else you can do.

If you continue to have problems even finding someone to collab with PM me we'll see if we can work something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Razor00 View Post
can I step Nicki Minaj?
Honestly yeah, that sounds great. Modern American pop music seems not to be very well-represented in the stepping scene, honestly.

p.s. my dirty little music secret is that I love nearly every Nicki Minaj song haha
I've always wanted to step Starships. Would be a good color gimmick/BPM gimmick file IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
do you also have a policy for already released files
Not allowed unless they are re-charted.
And by virtue of the fact it's already been stepped (by you) means it's already more "Stepman music" than otherwise so I'll probably judge such a file a little more strictly.

Good question though, added to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
An excuse to step metal? If only I could step still. o_o
Yeah man there's a lot of good classic rock and metal that are both well-known and would make for excellent stepfiles.
As a preemptive measure I'll remind people to not step songs that are already stepped for a rhythm game, however.
I'd love if someone were to send me some Black Sabbath files, just don't pick Paranoid please (it was on Rock Band)

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-17-2012 at 02:48 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote