Thread: DDR X2
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk
Default Re: DDR X2

X2 isn't bad, but DDR has really fallen out of favour since ITG appeared. Some of the songs on X/X2 are great, and there are a handful of interesting charts, but I'm mostly interested by more challenging charts, and Konami seem not to know how to make charts that are hard and fun anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikamitheSoulReaper View Post
make them upgrade it!!by force!!!lol that would be cool to have in my movie theater...
If you do that it'll be the worst decision you've ever made (assuming that the US DDR:X cabs have similar specs to the EU ones).

We only have a handful of DDRX cabs here in the UK, and they're not *awful*, although the pad design is really lame compared to older styles. Love the cab design though!

The downside is that if you upgrade a DDRX to a DDRX2, the hardware of the X can't handle X2 and you get the most godawful problems on the machine. To give an example, I'm a player who can pass 15s on ITG and SDG 10's all day long on DDR, and here's what happens when I play in time to the music on an upgraded DDRX2. It started a little off, and got worse as the song progressed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 303526_10151792851405360_450103426_n.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)

wildfireskunk is offline   Reply With Quote