View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Default Want to earn some credits? PLAY SOLO. AGAIN.

That's right ladies and gentlemen. From 5/12-5/16, I am giving people credits to play solo stepmania (6key instead of 4key).

For those that have never played solo, setting it up is very simple. Go into your settings and change your key setup to something like "qweiop."
q - left
p - right
i - up
e - down
w - upleft
o - upright

Now start the game as usual but instead of choosing "singles," tap over once and select "solo." Voila, you have now entered the solo zone.

Think of the pattern variation in a standard 4key file, whether you are playing on FFR or SM. Add two more columns, and you have a crazy amount of patterns.
Single note - {4, 6}
Doubles - {6, 15}
Triples - {4, 21}
Quads - {1, 15}

"But choof, I don't have any (easy) songs!"
Don't worry! There are a couple packs that cater to new solo players.

Hey, check this thread for Solo Monogatari 2 because it's a new pack and it's awesome.
Also BCMP 6, this is filled with very close conversions of IIDX charts, so some files may be rather tricky.

Patashu's Solo Beginner Pack
Xiao's Solo Beginner Pack
Xiao's Solo Beginner Pack II
Xiao's Solo Beginner Pack III
Solord State Squad Pack (this one is geared more towards more seasoned players but still has some good stuff)
Solo Monogatari
Solo Japan Pack (also geared towards better players but all of the files are pretty fun)

Now for the credits part.

In order to receive credits, you need to do three things.
1 - You can't be a seasoned solo player. I've been playing long enough to know who plays solo and who plays it well. Don't try to trick the new players out of credits! I only have a finite amount :'(
2 - Your scores must be from one of the packs I linked in this thread. The reason for this is because, well... Mashing on stepmania isn't as effective as it is on FFR, but it still works. Mashing to pass a song isn't completely frowned upon, but I highly suggest you actually play easy files until you get the hang of solo.
3 - All scores must be posted in this thread. That's why it's in the brag board, although the point of this thread isn't to brag. Unless we get some little rivalries going!

For each score posted before Wednesday morning (May 16th, 8am server time), you will get 250 credits up to a maximum of 10,000. Notable scores will get a bit extra, and it won't go towards your credit cap. I have more credits than the last time I did this, so please, feel free to post a ton of scores (a couple people only posted 4-5 scores last time lol).

If you enjoy solo, try making files for it! New solo files are always welcome. Helpful info on making solo files can be found in this thread (stargroup #1 bufang).

Lastly, do not feel bad if your scores don't look the best! I know this sounds cliche, but we were all beginners at some point. Especially when it comes to solo.

K GO

Donations:
leonid - 1 크레딧
ninjaKIWI - 114,166 citrus fruits
ca25nada - 22,655 hard-boiled eggs
eze - 33,333 singaporean girls

Last edited by Choofers; 05-13-2012 at 11:53 PM..
Choofers is offline   Reply With Quote