View Single Post
Old 11-2-2011, 05:48 AM   #15
moches
FFR Player

Default Re: so we have to do a presentation in music class tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
You should get someone to record this. I would really like to see how you present this, and how people may react to it.
damn, you missed me by a few hours. I saw this a couple of periods after I had already done my presentation lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJRoX View Post
also play j1
also didn't think of this but what a good idea. sadly the keyboard at school sucked and I got like halfway through one song before quitting out

here's the rundown:

Response was surprisingly very positive! the majority of my presentation centered around how stepartists express different songs in different ways:

I talked about color notes (mostly about solos and color theory), but I think my classmates probably enjoyed the pictures the most. One girl actually exclaimed at how pretty the different colors were.

The mine section was totally fun and I got to make some cool sound effects to explain the ideas, so win there.

The biggest response was probably to my explanation of freezes (double freezes, overlapping freezes, minifreezes), though.

As I mentioned before, the keyboard was horrible; didn't register more than two notes at once, abruptly dropped longer freezes and was generally a pain in the butt to play with but I don't think anybody really cared. People were probably just glad that somebody had a legit excuse to play video games, which is awesome in its own right, so that was a relief.

The best part, though, was when the teacher actually asked me a few in-depth questions on stepcharting (in the presentation, I had mentioned that I had made over 200 files). I was not expecting that at all and it made my day to know that something like Stepmania could even get across to actual educators and be seen as a valid form of musical expression.

Very fun day, all in all.

(By the way, if you're curious, I played Gundam's Like A Man and Puppet's Sin.)
moches is offline   Reply With Quote