Old 07-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #87
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: BlackWebb Wishlist [Vote Now!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricoo View Post
EDIT: There are a lot of votes for the traditional aspects of FFR, except for greater multiplayer. Why not do aesthetic changes to the singleplayer and really lock into more interactive multiplayer games instead of the other way around.
From what I'm getting, the aesthetic changes that the poll may offer would likely change FFR into a copycat of some other sort of rhythm game, which I disagree with. Single player is the most commonly played mode of the game, and although it would seem like improving it (gameplay or aesthetic-wise either way) would do good, people seem to react defensively against such changes.

I agree that the community needs to be redeveloped and new interest has to be brought forth. But wouldn't you think making these changes would help bring more interest and revive the community (particularly those newer to the game and unaware of how FFR was historically developed)? Personally, I think the lack of change is a positive aspect to people who are already well-aware of FFR.

For those of you stating that complexity would turn off new players, that's only if these changes were made to the entire game in a linear fashion. But as I said earlier, if you can make newer features an optional aspect, you might be able to have it both ways. And newer players may like the addition of these features. You can look at it either way: the addition of features will confuse new players, or the addition of features will add replay value that new players will try out.

Last edited by bmah; 07-31-2011 at 10:29 PM..